Kryptview 780 - Downloading not requested

tazey5

Hi,

I am trying to load the firmware onto my Kryptview 780 using a null modem and a usb convertor to my laptop. I have downloaded both the loader and firmware. The kryptview is off but when I press start in the Code Send a message appears saying 'The downloading is not requested'.

I am using the correct port and have reset the kryptview back to factory settings. Does anyone have any ideas?

Just a thought, I am using Windows 7, do you think this will make a difference as I have read that Vista wont work.

Thanks! :)

Thanks for your quick reply! Have 3 laptops with no serial port. I have xp on one of them so will give that a try next.

as seen posted .

One important note, I used Windows Vista and the USB-Serial adapter (£2.99) from Amazon said only for Windows XP and below, but it worked. (If you are struggling with drivers, google: "PL-2303 32-Bit Vista Driver Installer")

Just make sure under the COMs port settings you set:
Baud rate to 115,200 from 9600
Change COM# from any # to either 1 or 2

Good luck.

I had the same problem last night..i was doing everything as directed but kept getting the same message..
I pluged the A780 onto the TV and it automatically was on installation set up??? turned this off/ back to view TV and hey presto the data began to transfer??? don't know wether this was the cause but it's worth a try...

good luck

jon

Thanks all for your help. I tried the same on xp but still no luck. Had all the correct drivers installed for the usb convertor and still same message. Eventually came across a thread saying to turn the box off and when you press start quickly turn the box back on. Tried it and started downloading. Hours of searching and easy as that!

Back