Kryptview box

Hmmm, didnt go too well tonight, i have definitely got a null modem cable and I am using an old dell dimension 8200desktop wiith an rs232 port on the back. I had to use com3 as all other coms immediatelly came up with cant open serial port com* straight away when pushing start so settled with com3 I spoke to Ted who said its all about the on off timing when you hit start (as he implies in above post). I must of tried 100 odd times but still no joy. Im guessing the com port on the desktop is not playing nicely :( but its not all lost Ted L is popping round tomorrow (thanks!) with a proven laptop.

But any suggestions in the meanwhile would be appreciated!

I tried changing properties of the serial port as mentioned in the how to flash a kryptview box thread but got an error saying your registry does not allow this! ( or something along those lines)

Im comftarble editing the registry and i know i could of googled it but i thought i would post my story here and let one of you geniuses help me :)

Cheers
Nutnut

Last edited:
Hmmm, didnt go too well tonight, i have definitely got a null modem cable and I am using an old dell dimension 8200desktop wiith an rs232 port on the back. I had to use com3 as all other coms immediatelly came up with cant open serial port com* straight away when pushing start so settled with com3 I spoke to Ted who said its all about the on off timing when you hit start (as he implies in above post). I must of tried 100 odd times but still no joy. Im guessing the com port on the desktop is not playing nicely :( but its not all lost Ted L is popping round tomorrow (thanks!) with a proven laptop.

But any suggestions in the meanwhile would be appreciated!

I tried changing properties of the serial port as mentioned in the how to flash a kryptview box thread but got an error saying your registry does not allow this! ( or something along those lines)

Im comftarble editing the registry and i know i could of googled it but i thought i would post my story here and let one of you geniuses help me :)

Cheers
Nutnut

One thing you should know " YOU NEVER TOUCH YOUR REGISTRY" editing your ports can only be done with the null modem attached to your pc, are you actually sure you are using a comport and not a VGA port ??, also what error message are you getting when the loader stops working.

One thing you should know " YOU NEVER TOUCH YOUR REGISTRY" editing your ports can only be done with the null modem attached to your pc, are you actually sure you are using a comport and not a VGA port ??, also what error message are you getting when the loader stops working.

BoxT, not sure if serious about never touch registry, come on its only a text file and sometimes a value needs changing, yeah dont get over zealous in there and do all kinds of deleting and changing shit, but a quick edit is fine!

pretty sure its a com port, vga ports dont have nine pins do they?

The message is always the downloading is not requested

cheers
nutnut

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

The null modem cable is also plugged into the box, should i unplug it from box to edit ports?

Last edited:
the port on the kv is the same as on the pc might say rs232,on the loader i think you have the option of port 1-4,if it does not work on number 1 then try 2,3,or 4,box has to powered off at rear first then press download and power on box

everybody misses the box has to be powered off at rear first then press start to download

Last edited:
the port on the kv is the same as on the pc might say rs232,on the loader i think you have the option of port 1-4,if it does not work on number 1 then try 2,3,or 4,box has to powered off at rear first then press download and power on box

everybody misses the box has to be powered off at rear first then press download

cheers cactikid, i've tried other ports but as soon as i hit start it throws up an error cant open serial port com?

i have tried it with box on and off and no joy, cheers for trying to help but i think its a duff port on the desktopand i am goona have to wait for superted lol tomorrow

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 PM ----------

everybody misses the box has to be powered off at rear first then press download

also the loader (kryptview arnet loader.exe 060408 ) i have the button is labelled start not download

did you check the port in device manager.
and what the video file for flashing looks like.
Flashing the KV780 - YouTube

thanks again cactikid I checked port in device manager amd when i tried to edit it i got the error message stated above my kryptview arnet loader is from 6th april 2008 and the firmware something like 11111112, and i also have theapril 2012one but neither work i think defo the com port a dud and will have to wait for superted lol
cheers
nutnut

Last edited:
Also remember com ports are not hot plugable nutnut, so when plugged in to the computer you need to then reboot your computer for the computer to recognise it and load its drivers. So try again rebooting PC after connecting the lead to comp and box.

You should never usualy have to set or edit the comm ports in device manager or registry using serial ports.

Going back to the cable, has it been used to succesfuly flash a box before? in other words how are you sure its a NULL modem cable.

jodav :)

Also remember com ports are not hot plugable nutnut, so when plugged in to the computer you need to then reboot your computer for the computer to recognise it and load its drivers. So try again rebooting PC after connecting the lead to comp and box.

You should never usualy have to set or edit the comm ports in device manager or registry using serial ports.

Going back to the cable, has it been used to succesfuly flash a box before? in other words how are you sure its a NULL modem cable.

Cheers jodav, I was so desperate last night, i tried the old restart windows as i know that can sometimes get rid of gremlins

the cable has not been used before, but was ordered from a place recommended by ted L so should be legit... i am still blaming the port on the pc and will have to try another computer, or wait for superted to show up :)
cheers
nutnut

No problem, you seem to know what ur doing and are on the right track. I would do exactly as you have planned. Another computer and or Superted should have you up and running in no time. especially if Superted comes loaded with his trust proven NMC.

Good Luck,

Yes Mr Jodav Ted and the cable done the business..(i actually used nutnuts one just to prove he had the right cable..!!) Me and my mate dell are unstoppable..!! Sorted scotland and now south london.. who's next..?

You are taking over the world Superted, the world is your oyster.

What was the problem then mate?

No problem, you seem to know what ur doing and are on the right track. I would do exactly as you have planned. Another computer and or Superted should have you up and running in no time. especially if Superted comes loaded with his trust proven NMC.

Good Luck,

superted came round today with his trusty laptop, we used my null modem cable, he knew it was legit coz he knew i bought it from the right place ;)

he flicked the on off switch and transfer started straight away! Darn, you dont know how many times i tried last night i thought the on off switch was gonna be broke

blooming aging dell dimension desktop got a dodgy port,

thanks for all you suggestions trying to help though :)

all up and running now :)

happy days

cheers
nutnut

His old pc must of had a dodgy port as his null modem cable worked when i used it to load firmware..! "Dell" does not fail.. this rhyming lark is catching on..!!

well i would suggest to get the dodgy port fixed or add another one for the next time,you never know when,i can see ted rolling up in his roller smoking a havana:smoke rings::yes!:

Also remember com ports are not hot plugable nutnut, so when plugged in to the computer you need to then reboot your computer for the computer to recognise it and load its drivers. So try again rebooting PC after connecting the lead to comp and box...

Ehh...what drivers? In all my years of using programmers, various STB's, etc. on the RS232 port, I have never had to reboot the pc to load drivers after connecting a device.

I could explain why I state this but to be honest can't be bothered, i imagine in all your years experience you will or or should probably no why anyway ;)

I could explain why I state this but to be honest can't be bothered, i imagine in all your years experience you will or or should probably no why anyway ;)

I wish you could be bothered, as I still see no reason to reboot the pc. :dunno:

I flashed my first A570 a few weeks ago. Like all other STB's I have flashed, I already had my pc turned on, but the box turned off. I then ran the STB Editor tool & ran it before turning the box on to flash the box.

How could rebooting the pc load up any other drivers, considering that the STB is still turned off when the pc is rebooted?

its those usb adapters that have issues as they need a driver and like some pc programs it may state pc needs a reboot to fully install,nothing needed with the null modem cable just the loader and file and cable from box to pc and away you go.
it has got nothing to do with flashing boxes.

Back