Kryptview, phantom. Which will last longest?

Solus

I've been thinking hard about this;

The phantom box is better generally, but which will last?

Only thing that is putting me off kryptview is the fact that they say there's no sub.... So why ditch the a750?

An ethernet port adapter was brought out, the firmware was there, so why ditch it?

Surely if the a780 works then the a750 technically should?

If so, then clearly the kryptview team just made the a750 obselete and wanted more sales

The a750 was pre nagra 3 and had worked well for years, this box was only able to work with an iconnector, so the a780 was launched and then the a850 hd box, if it is a choice between any other cable boxes you won't go far wrong with the kryptview or Phoenix.Phantom is new on the scene and who knows how long your sub will last.Kryptview have provided years of great tv so I know who I will always choose.(y)

I think you may be looking at it the wrong way.

A750 was supported for a very long time.

They can't support older boxes for ever, the server costs will just go through the roof.

A780 been running about 5 years, and is still supported, price £150.

A850 (HD box) been out about 2 years, price £250.

I think people who where in early when the A750 came out well had their moneys
worth, you don't see many complaints.

I may be wrong but Phantom still has overtones of Starview,
2 years subs in with the price, but you need to ask yourself will you get 2 years service ?

Nobody can answer that at the mo, so it's up to you which way to jump.

Last edited:
As the a780 is 5 years old though, why should I buy the a780 NOW? Clearly kryptview do move on, how old was the a750 when they stopped support?

Solus... The fact you are in this forum right now asking the question means you know what these boxes are about..! We all... Inc slybox users.. take our chances as we all run the risk of having no tv.. Its part of the game we play... They look for us and we dodge them... Over 5 years it took nagra 3 to kill my beloved Nokia dbox... Paid 150 and it worked for 4 years till it went off... No one in here would moan about it..look how much you would have saved and we had setanta and sly box office as well back then.. It could go pear shape tomor or next month or even next year... But we just see it as not lining someone else's pockets to live on his own island tax free... All those sub's paid for that...but not from us..!! PS phantom just feels like SV in disguise... Got no proof... But if kV can give all the channels for free... Wtf would you want to pay for it..?

Last edited:
Back