Kryptview replacement

apl

My kryptview has been brilliant & is still working but iam looking for something that offers hd & can record I have read the lists of recommended boxes but it doesn't tell you if there easy to set up if there's much maintenance with them ie updating so I emailed a few shops & there recommendations were twin tuner unibox he & the technomate tm nano se m2 plus enigma 2 Linux hd pvr triple tuner combo all this tuner talk & Linux jargon is lost on me but I can eventually get my head around stuff but does anyone know which is best someone said the first box I mentioned is obsolete so any help would appreciated.

twin tuner cable box vu solo 2 se?

all enigma 2 boxes are the same in setting up,read bees guide in setting up enigma2 combo=sat and cable so you will know how to do it.

Last edited:
Cactikid are these boxes a lot better than the kryptview,as I find it quite easy to use but think I should move with the times

black and white tv versus colour oh and a bonus hd,when you get one you will say you should have moved years ago.a month or 2 ago bought the 780 to see it first hand yuck grainy picture lol.
its a new world of viewing in hd.

Thanks everyone for your advice so I emailed the company he said he could get a vu solo se but reckons it's a similar spec to a Edison m8 but more expensive & without wireless ,don't know if I would need wireless & can't find a m8 model to compare

Pisses all over the eddison in my opinion.
Each to there own and all that i have tried both and would never use another brand box in the main room again.

Wouldn't recommend a Venton, have one myself and the remote is shite for one thing and it's known to have issues with the live pause, it seems.

is your kv using lan cable if so good,use the vu with cable also.

when getting a box consider hdd and get a kingston 8gb usb stick for flashing.

I have been offered a solo vu se with hard drive for £245 I know this is a bit more money than other places but he offers good support,now the missus is saying why do you want a box that records blah blah blah lol.

Hi cactikid if I went for something with hdd what difference would that make & what box would you go for.

i went for an xtrend et 10000 as it has 2 x cable tuners and 2 sat tuners + 1tb internal hdd so all bases are covered,if i just wanted cable twin tuner i would have gone for that solo 2 se.

Back