Laptop advise

Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a predicament and I need some honest advice. I urgently need a laptop and decided to take the plunge. I was looking for something moderately fast ideally i7 with good storage and had to be Asus. My budget was around £500 and for a Asus with an i7 and good storage it was going to be a minimum of £650 from what I could see . I managed to find one which was £510 so I decided to just order it other wise I'm never going to do it. But with out researching. Now I'm worried I've made a bad choice so before It arrives tomorrow and I open it does anyone think I have made a very bad choice and I should send it back? Bare in mind i needs one badly. The laptop is Asus VivoBook Intel Core i7 - 7500u 8gb 1TB 15.6 inch Windows 10.

Please help me asap,

Thanks

Ye that's the one. Seems like a lot of laptop for the price just cant seem to find much review in that model hopefully some one can shed some light

Asus make great laptops,I always buy asus and never had any problems with them,seems a good choice for the money.

ASUS Laptops are generally good. Like most laptops there are some "not so good" models from Asus.
There are mixed reviews on this laptop. What your paying for here is the i7 processor and large hard drive.
What they are saying is not so good are the screen, speakers and battery life.

Some of the reviews that I've read say that it seems slow for a i7 processor.
This is probably due to all the crap that manufacturers put on new laptops.
I tend to remove the original hdd and replace with a ssd and install the os from new with no bloatware.
I put the original hdd to one side in case I need to send it back for any reason.
After about a year you can always format the original hdd and put it in a usb caddy and use it for storage.

Some of the reviews that I've read say that it seems slow for a i7 processor.
This is probably due to all the crap that manufacturers put on new laptops.
I tend to remove the original hdd and replace with a ssd and install the os from new with no bloatware.
I put the original hdd to one side in case I need to send it back for any reason.
After about a year you can always format the original hdd and put it in a usb caddy and use it for storage.

its all todo with power saving. Once you turn off all the power saving stuff it will seem 10 times faster

Last edited by a moderator:
Back