Latest and best IPTV player for Smart TV's? Must have EPG...

Tivimate and iMPlayer and good EPG’s.
I personally favour Tivimate out of the two.
As for a device, most of the branded stick devices will run IPTV.
Hopefully you have decent WiFi upstairs or if possibly Ethernet would be even better.
Out of curiosity what speed is your internet and how is the upstairs TV connected?
Do you use a VPN when running your IPTV service?

Last edited:
Going back to the original post....I just found another app on the Samsung Smart TV...... SmartOneIPTV...
This one takes some getting used to but it is working well, I get epg whats on now, on the channel list page...then you get now and next when you select a channel. It's a but clunky saving favourites but you can save your favourite series (happy Wife...Married at First Sight and other nonsense!) as well as channels...it has good catch up, series and movies (depending on your line supplier).
The only fault with this one is that you cannot hide channel groups it seems...which you can on some apps and that saves you a lot of time scrolling!
So for the moment I am trialing Nanomid...which is good with a couple of limitations...and now SmartOne IPTV.
No need for another device at the moment...will see how it goes after the trial periods end... but I will look into adding one upstairs....

Last edited:
Going back to the original post....I just found another app on the Samsung Smart TV...... SmartOneIPTV...
This one takes some getting used to but it is working well, I get epg whats on now, on the channel list page...then you get now and next when you select a channel. It's a but clunky saving favourites but you can save favourite series as well as channels...it has good catch up, series and movies (depending on your line supplier).
The only fault with this one is that you cannot hide channel groups it seems...which you can on some apps and that saves you a lot of time scrolling!
So for the moment I am trialing Nanomid...which is good with a couple of limitations...and now SmartOne IPTV.
No need for another device at the moment...will see how it goes after the trial periods end... but I will look into adding one upstairs....
It's a nice idea to have iptv built into smart tv but there will be limiting factors

Tivimate and iMPlayer and good EPG’s.
I personally favour Tivimate out of the two.
As for a device, most of the branded stick devices will run IPTV.
Hopefully you have decent WiFi upstairs or if possibly Ethernet would be even better.
Out of curiosity what speed is your internet and how is the upstairs TV connected?
Do you use a VPN when running your IPTV service?
wifi is good upstairs, not really an issue anymore...500-700 meg speeds but I have used network ethernet plugs in the past. I have used VPN's but with my current supplier I don't seem to need it. I'm just trying to find the very best app for my Samsung Smart TV at the moment.
Thanks.

This one takes some getting used to but it is working well, I get epg whats on now, on the channel list page...then you get now and next when you select a channel. It's a but clunky saving favourites but you can save favourite series as well as channels...it has good catch up, series and movies (depending on your line supplier).
Hiding and removing what you don't want your supplier can sort that out. Whichever app you go for as long as it's working fine for you and you are happy with it then that's all good pal.

Thanks

wifi is good upstairs, not really an issue anymore...500-700 meg speeds but I have used network ethernet plugs in the past. I have used VPN's but with my current supplier I don't seem to need it. I'm just trying to find the very best app for my Samsung Smart TV at the moment.
Thanks.
It will be trial and error with apps.
But like I said a separate device with Tivimate, which has a very good epg and you can’t go wrong.
Good luck.

It will be trial and error with apps.
But like I said a separate device with Tivimate, which has a very good epg and you can’t go wrong.
Good luck.
Roughly how much would that cost? Say maybe a Firestick and then for Tivimate as well? I presume I can put my m3u url into that remotely?
Thanks.

Roughly how much would that cost? Say maybe a Firestick and then for Tivimate as well? I presume I can put my m3u url into that remotely?
Thanks.
Lately there has been offers on Firesticks so you would have to have look for yourself.
I think Tivimate is £5 a year sub or one time payment of £30 for life. You get to install it on 5 devices on both options.
IMPlayer is one off payment of $20 for life 2 devices.
I do have both but prefer Tivimate personally.

This one takes some getting used to but it is working well, I get epg whats on now, on the channel list page...then you get now and next when you select a channel. It's a but clunky saving favourites but you can save your favourite series (happy Wife...Married at First Sight and other nonsense!) as well as channels...it has good catch up, series and movies (depending on your line supplier).
With the smartone app you can hide groups as I use it myself it's handy just using TV remote to access it

With the smartone app you can hide groups as I use it myself it's handy just using TV remote to access it
How do you do that? I can see how to hide live tv, movies, catch up, series...but not the channel groups in my live channels?
Great app to use though... working well so far.

I tend to agree with @Aristotle i would suggest using a seperate devive.

that way you won't get any issues running any app you want.

I should imagine @The-Guru has some reasonably priced devices for sale
Yes I just got one of those devices but not from The-Guru funny thing is my hitachi smart tv also runs googe android :ROFLMAO: but more memory on new device

Lately there has been offers on Firesticks so you would have to have look for yourself.
I think Tivimate is £5 a year sub or one time payment of £30 for life. You get to install it on 5 devices on both options.
IMPlayer is one off payment of $20 for life 2 devices.
I do have both but prefer Tivimate personally.
Implayer is now :

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 5
Back