Latest Rumours, Any Truth, Discuss Please

mark doc

just heard yesterday that sky have eventually gotten the means to turn off the dreambox/sky boxes. apparently this will happen in july as they are sending out new cards to all customers and then can zap all other boxes, probably like virgin did. it was explained to me something about the firmware but i didnt understand!! anyway i have one and would appreciate any feedback

Mark, I moved your post to it's own thread, because you would get no replies, unless it is in the Satellite section.

For what it is worth, this rumour goes around every couple of months or so. The thing to do is not to worry about it too much, if you have gotten your moneys worth already, then every day is a bonus. If you were only thinking about buying a box, you have to work out whether or not you are willing to take a chance on your outlay.

just heard yesterday that sky have eventually gotten the means to turn off the dreambox/sky boxes. apparently this will happen in july as they are sending out new cards to all customers and then can zap all other boxes, probably like virgin did. it was explained to me something about the firmware but i didnt understand!! anyway i have one and would appreciate any feedback

get a life m8..........

it all depends of quality of box you get,if it goes tomorrow i wont be throwing my vu boxes out and having a backup plan is always better,now a power cut would be different=no tv and box and 40 winks instead lol

i heard this, i heard that.
been around for a while and it may stop with new cards. i remember when people had to use oscam as cccam would not read some cards
i then heard the new pairing knocked out loads of sharers and people losing HD and prem channels.

the card swop is one way. lowering ecm times again will knock people off. at present they did this with some sports channels

they never "zapped" boxes, they just went to n3 coding and paring that stopped the old way on pace boxes etc for vm

It would probably cost them millions to send out new equipment and a week later someone would crack it so i dont think they are that bothered.

They will eventually reach a tipping point where they are losing out on too many subscriptions to private servers, then they'll get tough. it is a simple sum between how much it costs to fix and how much they are losing.

Later, ratherr than sooner with a bit of luck, I'm only getting into this thing, and keep putting off getting a better box than the F3, also can't decide between blade and Vu boxes.

And even if they did have an idea on how many CS boxes are out there, it'd be tough to calculate how much they lose
If it went pop tomorrow how many would be on the phone to Livingston? 80%? 20%? - me, I'd just do without.

As for the rumours? I don't believe that many people would have the info on when and where, nor are they likely to share it.
My bet is they'll attempt to target websites like this one, hence the need to be vigilant on what type of info is publicly posted.

Later, ratherr than sooner with a bit of luck, I'm only getting into this thing, and keep putting off getting a better box than the F3, also can't decide between blade and Vu boxes.
Same here m8 i've got a old pheonix box with motor dish aswell (not used in years). Other box ive got is f5/f5s am thinking of getting a blade bm5000 but dont know what to get ...??
[h=1][/h]

They will eventually reach a tipping point where they are losing out on too many subscriptions to private servers, then they'll get tough. it is a simple sum between how much it costs to fix and how much they are losing.

correct, the remours i heard ( very very strong ones ) that a guy in vm who was the one who cracked the pairing, was the one who said that to trace and sue the ones doing the boes would be move then to just go out and code n3

correct, the remours i heard ( very very strong ones ) that a guy in vm who was the one who cracked the pairing, was the one who said that to trace and sue the ones doing the boes would be move then to just go out and code n3

so has the chap you know .. know when ? so people may save penny's ;)

Back