LCD Display on Front of Box Config

Trents

Hi there. I've recently flashed from OpenATV 6.1 to 6.3 on my H2S and flashed to 6.3 on new H9 Twin. Both configured with Whooshbuild.

the H2S used to display the clock on front of box permanently. Now on both it'll show the clock, but if watching a recording, it'll show the amount of time left to watch.

Anyone know where in the menus I can set it to just show the clock all the time again, even when watching recordings?

Menu > Setup > usage & GUI > STB Display > LED Display Setup > Show on LED

alter with left/right arrows then save.

In STB Display I have the menus:

- Display Settings
- LCD Skin

No 'Show on LED' under Display Settings. I had been in there to disable the REC showing when recording.

I had the same problem on my zgemma h9 twin,the way i got rid of the countdown/time remaining when in playback was to install the permanent vfd clock from the plugins.Once installed go into settings and use..
true
true
green ok
then restart box.
hope this helps.
ps the 0 blinks from midnight to midday but you get used to it,as in 0115,0715 etc.

Last edited:
In STB Display I have the menus:

- Display Settings
- LCD Skin

No 'Show on LED' under Display Settings. I had been in there to disable the REC showing when recording.

You have to download vfdcontrol from system plugins and restart GUI.
This will then give you the option to always show the clock in display settings.

Ive got the vfd permanent clock installed so it does the job but no vfd control panel maybe its a zgemma h9 twin/openatv thing.

Sorry, I didn't read the question properly :unsure: I thought you were using a H2S.
I don't know about the H9 as I don't have one.

Yes might need this moving to H9 Twin forum, if there is one. That plugin is also missing for me, same as screenshot above

I had the same problem on my zgemma h9 twin,the way i got rid of the countdown/time remaining when in playback was to install the permanent vfd clock from the plugins.Once installed go into settings and use..
true
true
green ok
then restart box.
hope this helps.
ps the 0 blinks from midnight to midday but you get used to it,as in 0115,0715 etc.
Not seeing the vfd clock plugin either. Maybe a Whooshbuild thing?

Hi there. I've recently flashed from OpenATV 6.1 to 6.3 on my H2S and flashed to 6.3 on new H9 Twin. Both configured with Whooshbuild.

the H2S used to display the clock on front of box permanently. Now on both it'll show the clock, but if watching a recording, it'll show the amount of time left to watch.

Anyone know where in the menus I can set it to just show the clock all the time again, even when watching recordings?
I had this issue when I upgraded to oATV 6.4, so I re-flashed back to 6.3 and it stopped. Noting you already have 6.3, maybe just try re-flashing?

Personally I couldn't stand the flickering (as mentioned below) that using the plug in caused to the display.

Back