LCD Skins

babba

Anybody know is there is a download within OpenVix for LCD skins (front panel display)? Tried plugins, but nothing found there.

Thanks for the reply, I was on about the Vu Solo 4k, posted to wrong section. Have found some to download in Display section of OpenVix plugins, but they are a bit "simple".

I can't even get them to show up on my LCD screen. I've put them where I'm meant to and installed the plugin I need to get them full screen but my box isn't having it and nobody seems to be bothered helping...

I didn't have that plugin enabled last time I had them working. Had it working on kiddac's SlykQ skin until I pissed about with the folder to get it working on slyk skin but it's not having it at all now.

I've got number 5 which enables full screen picon but it just gives me the slyk skin picon on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just noticed that I have LCD4LINUX installed but not enabled. I am using the Q skin (v1.6 by Chababu) and just downloaded the skins from the plugin section (display). then went setup->system->Front Display panel,.

I have the following

p1.jpg p2.jpg

This gives me an LCD display with full picon and a progress bar at the bottom showing the current position within the programme.

I don't want the progress bar, how can I make it just use the picon? Also where did you store your picons? I know where you're supposed to put them but my box isn't picking them up and it's so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got my picons in /media/hdd/picon, I used to have them in /media/usb/picon but just got lazy. The LCD skins are usually in /usr/share/enigma2/display.

If you want to edit a skin to only show the picon, then you could do the following, take OE-A_LCDSkin_1 as an example. Navigate to the folder and open the skin_display.xml file.

Look for the screen section InfoBarSummary, e.g.

HTML:
 <screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="480,320">
  <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="0,0" zPosition="2" size="480,320" halign="center" alphatest="on">
   <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
  </widget>
  <eLabel position="0,269" size="480,2" backgroundColor="#BDBDBD" zPosition="3" />
  <widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Progress" pixmap="/usr/share/enigma2/display/OE-A_LCDSkin_1/progress.png" position="0,277" size="480,33" transparent="1">
   <convert type="EventTime">Progress</convert>
  </widget>
  <eLabel position="0,317" size="480,2" backgroundColor="#BDBDBD" zPosition="3" />
 </screen>

Remove the two elements, <eLabel> and <widget source="session.Event_Now"> until their end tags, i.e. </widget> and change the size of the picon to fill the LCD by setting the size from 266 to 320.

So the section should now look like
HTML:
 <screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="480,320">
  <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="0,0" zPosition="2" size="480,320" halign="center" alphatest="on">
   <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
  </widget>
  <eLabel position="0,317" size="480,2" backgroundColor="#BDBDBD" zPosition="3" />
 </screen>

it would be safest to copy one of the skin folders and edit that. Once you have saved the changes, select it and then restart.

Edit: Oops, did not know it would turn the text dark blue, just highlight it to read it.

Last edited:
I have OE-A_LCDSkin_5 which has given me the slyk1 picon full screen on there but it just isn't picking up my picons and I have no idea why.

Incredibly annoying.

Back