Limit Recordings to only 1 stream

bdadavies

Is there any way I can limit recordings to just one? I am using IPTV and will only be able to watch / record one stream so is there a way that I can limit the number of simultaneous recordings to just 1?

Thanks in advance

Hi bdadavies. Sorry but I am a bit confused with what you are asking. Iptv only restricts you to recording the one channel you are watching. As soon as you change the channel, you lose that initial stream and therefore your recording stops. You are not able to record simultaneous recordings.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for replying.

What I mean is as I only have one stream, is there any way of only allowing me to record one thing at a time, I dont want to accidentally add a second simultaneous recording in.

Also say Im recording something.. then basically that channel is both showing and being recorded, say I went to change channel is there a way of getting a message saying "hey your are recording this.. are you sure you want to switch your girlfriend will go nuts at you if you do!!!" or words to that effect!.

Does that make more sense?

Ah, I understand what you are saying now. Sorry. You can't add a second simultaneous recording. If you are recording the channel you are watching but then change to another channel, your initial recording will cease. You therefore cannot accidentally record a second channel.

With regards to you receiving a warning message if you change over from the channel you are recording, we are sadly not as advanced as that yet... but it is a good idea. Perhaps in time, someone will create the necessary firmware to allow this to happen but at the moment, IPTV is still relatively primative. Personally, I am just grateful that I am able to record one channel (admittedly, this is restricted to the channel you are watching) thanks to the H.2S. I know that alot of boxes on the market cannot even do that.

You can buy as many subs as you want. Each should have their own bouquets. However, regardless of how many subs you have, the minute you change the channel you are recording, it will automatically stop as you can only record the channel you are watching.

The only alternative I can think of is that you buy a second box with a second sub. Then, atleast you can record two iptv channels but on two boxes.

What I do is record a iptv channel then switch to a sky channel on the satellite dish and watch another program that way

Ok that good to know about subs coz I was told if I get to subs I can record and watch another iptv channel.

What I do is record a iptv channel then switch to a sky channel on the satellite dish and watch another program that way

Ok that good to know about subs coz I was told if I get to subs I can record and watch another iptv channel.
That is what I currently do... atleast with the FTA channels and some of the remaining CS channels in sly. I can still record from those channels but if I record an iptv channel I have to make sure I stay on that particular channel, which is a pain but I have to look at it positively.... atleast we have a h.2s and we still have the ability to record (unlike the MAG box) albeit just the one iptv channel we are watching.

Back