linkformatter for blade media

Dilksy

hi all, i am trying to find linkformatter to format my hard drive for the blade box but do not seem to have any luck in finding it, does anybody have the file or a page to get it from.

all help welcomed as i am getting frustrated with google!!!!

You really need to give more info!.

What type hard drive?

Is it a usb adapter?

What have you already done?

What do you mean it is not picking up HD?

Is it recording other channels that are not HD?

Seriously.... help us to help us to help you, we are not mind readers.

Loads of members have viewed this thread and will have usually tried to help but I expect they are as lost as me....

To format usb drives to fat32, there's an excellent little program available called fat32format, makes it's so easy..
More info

Code:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a great FAT32 tool (with instructions) on the Verbatim website under Support Centre / Hard Drives / Downloads / Drivers.

This tool is suitable for very large Hard Drives including 1TB + 2TB variants.

You really need to give more info!.

What type hard drive?

Is it a usb adapter?

What have you already done?

What do you mean it is not picking up HD?

Is it recording other channels that are not HD?

Seriously.... help us to help us to help you, we are not mind readers.

Loads of members have viewed this thread and will have usually tried to help but I expect they are as lost as me....

my hard drive is a 2.5 seagate 120gb inserted into a external caddy that requires power from usb and also a usb for the data. i have formatted it on my pc to FAT32 and it works fine on my pc but when i plug it into the box it does not pick it up/recognise it. if i plug a usb stick in, it picks it up straight away so i cannot think why it cant see the hard drive.

my hard drive is a 2.5 seagate 120gb inserted into a external caddy that requires power from usb and also a usb for the data. i have formatted it on my pc to FAT32 and it works fine on my pc but when i plug it into the box it does not pick it up/recognise it. if i plug a usb stick in, it picks it up straight away so i cannot think why it cant see the hard drive.

Dilksy, from what i've read on Blade Media site about formatting drives ABOVE 30GB you must NOT format it through the PC, but use either the tool available on there site or Linkformatter (i think Hi Teck may have uploaded that here for you ?) If you go to Blade site and go to Support its all there for you to read. Hope this helps ? I haven't got my Blade yet (hopefully tomorrow) but i followed their instructions and my 250GB is ready to be formatted by the Blade itself
Regards, Riz

Last edited:
i have formatted a 32GB USB stick with fat23format application but the problem which i keep having is that when i record a programme and when i play it back it freezes a lot and the picture crashes a lot. Is there something which i could do to overcome this? i have formatted it on the blade media box and this hasn't helped either.

Perhaps the usb stick data speed rate is to slow. somewhere in the blade menu there is a usb speed test, perhaps give it a check.

There is a setting you can change to from 1080p to 1080i
for recording, I seem to remember it cured a similar fault
with another member a good few months back.

Worth a quick look through the installation menu to test.

Back