Lnb - no signal

inaminute23

TK Veteran
Hi, I'm trying to connect a new V5S box, but it is showing no signal. I have checked the continuity of the cable and it is fine. The LNB is displayed as "ON" in the menu. Not really sure what else i can do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

did you have something plugged into dish before this box? just making sure there is a signal coming in from dish.

Ok, Ihave conencted the cable to lnb and started box. There is no signal on all channels including FTA. I've checked the LNB is on, which it is. I've also checked it is on the correct frequency, which it is. Lastly, I have checked the satellite is set to 28.2E, which it also is.

---------- Post Merged at 09:14 PM ----------

Yes, there is 2x other boxes working on this dish, both skybox's

can you check the connection on the cable it might be shorten out, make sure there is no copper braid touching the inner copper.

It is fine. I took the box in to the room where another box is working fine, but no joy. I installed the latest software too

"You star, it is working!!!! Thanks very much!" from Inaminute23 to The Reaper.

Another satisfied member and thanks for the compliment.:yes!:
Reaper.

It has already been posted previously in the Skybox area but people tend to not fully read the procedure and others infiltrate the thread so it's easier to explain in PM or on Skype person to person. Not all boxes can be recovered but at least now you and many other members have the knowledge to play and sort their boxes out.
The main points are ---use a formatted clean usb key fpr upgrades, use correct files for either original and clone, if box is alive but having problems then take a back-up, do a factory reset, blind scan for channels and if all ok re-insert back-up.
****Note***if box is alive and you have menu then do not reflash with null modem RS232 cable just use the above method.
Reaper.

looking at that splitter it says you can as long as both boxes are using the polarity?

---------- Post Merged at 07:09 PM ----------

Also when connecting 1x box through the splitter, i still get no signal. In theory that should work.

In theory you can't split a satellite signal unless it's used as a communal system, if it works without splitter then your answer is there for you, do you only have one cable coming in from dish?

I have 2x cables, and 3x boxes now. I might try that connector, and see what the clash is like on the 2x boxes on the same cable being used. How many cables can be connected to a dish?

Back