Lnb - no signal

Still having problems.

I bought a "1 in 2 out " splitter. Both boxes on that cable show "no signal" If i put a male connector between the cable and connect the new box, it is fine. Do you think i'm best off with this type of splitter?

2 x T Type F Splitter Sky Satellite Cable TV Virgin/NTL | eBay

looking at that splitter it says you can as long as both boxes are using the polarity?

Also when connecting 1x box through the splitter, i still get no signal. In theory that should work.

It is not just polarity that has to be the same, but hi/low band switching as well.

The LNB has 2 frequency bands (10.7GHz to 11.7GHz & 11.7GHz to 12.75GHz). These are switched by a 22kHz frequency sent to the LNB. So there are 4 options. Vertical/low band, vertical/high band, horizontal/low band & horizontal/high band.

The reason why your splitter may not be working, even with 1 box, is that it must have a DC passthrough. If it is AC coupled, then the LNB won't get it's supply voltage.

I wouldn't bother with that device you linked to anyway. It's not a real balanced splitter, but merely a "T piece" that connects both boxes & the LNB together.

Back