load on constant

hi
just a quick question,
I bought an f5s box off someone on facebook, all has been ok, had it since december and like I said all has been fine, until about 2 hours ago,. I did the latest channel update and once the box went to reload, it has stopped on that load look and stayed there,
the box just say's load and nothing else is happening,
I mailed the man I have the box off, and he just recommended to switch off and leave unplugged for a while but didn't specify for how long, so I have done it for half an hour and then for an hour but no joy, the load is still there on the box and nothing is happening
any help/tips to rectify the problem would be greatly appreciated
cheers

The Box will need to be re-flashed with new firmware its the only way of resolving the problem. The channel list which you added was probably corrupted. not difficult to do but require a rs232 null modem cable and software which can be downloaded from the skybox website.

ebay, about £3. but you need to have serial port on your computer, there is a usb version but can be hit or miss.

when you say usb version? do you mean standard us connection to the box?

---------- Post Merged at 10:49 PM ----------

sorry I meant usb

its a rs232 9 pin null modem cable with a usb fitting to plug usb into your computer. some members on here have had problems with the software what comes with the cable. I have a serial port on my computer so just use the normal null modem cable no software needed to run the cable. takes about 5 mins to flash the box bring it back to life. Its worth getting a cable because these boxes are very easy to brick with channel lists.

yep appreciate the info, I've just logged on to ebay and bought one,
next trick will be to flash it when it arrives, should be fun!! ha
anyway, thanks for your help matey,. appreciate it

No problem. If you have problems once you get the cable then just come back here there's loads of help from this great forum.

really appreciate it, many thanks, am sure I will be back, nothing like a great site to receive much needed help from :) soon as cable arrives I will be back on

Skybox has LOAD message and no picture

Hi, mine is the same on the F3 box. Would this be the same method too?

Please can someone help?

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 PM ----------

No problem. If you have problems once you get the cable then just come back here there's loads of help from this great forum.

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the F3 box. is this the same method?

I do have a vga port on my laptop (which I think is a serial type port)

Thanks

Thanks so I will definitely need a usb sort then

in regards to the software I'm struggling to find the one for the F3 only -
would this be it below?

• SKYBOX F5 F3 M3 FIX BUG: HD REBOOT

Unfortunately not but appreciate the help. I'm going to try and get a lead locally tomorrow otherwise it might be a ebay job

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ----------

I'm in north west pal unfortunately.

Did you do the rs232 flash on the F3?

Thanks so I will definitely need a usb sort then

in regards to the software I'm struggling to find the one for the F3 only -
would this be it below?

• SKYBOX F5 F3 M3 FIX BUG: HD REBOOT

Yep. That one will work, although there's a newer one on skybox.cc.

There are also a lot of clone F3 boxes around, so you might need to try different firmware if your box keeps rebooting after it's been flashed.

I've actually found this one which looks most relevant - SkyBox | SkyBox

Also, this seems to be the only female RS232 USB cabel I cna find - USB 2.0 to Female Serial Null Modem Cable DB9 EuroVox EchoStar ECT Update Lead | eBay

I'm not sure if you know of anything else?

I might be able to pick up a lead locally if not but thanks for your assistance,much appreciated :)

Your first link is for the eromupgrade tool to flash the box. It's not firmware. You need to click on Skybox F5/F3/M3 & pick the topmost file for the firmware.

The "all-in-one" USB to serial cable you have linked to has been used by other members who have said that it works OK.

The other adapters which have a male connector on the end need to be used in conjunction with a seperate null modem cable.

Back