Locked out of a 1999 Honda Accord

Sallyb

This is embarrassing. We parked the Accord in the Garage for the winter, with the Drivers Door 6 inches from the Garage Wall and exited via the Passenger Side.
The Car now has a flat battery and of course the central locking does not work. I managed to open the Drivers Door with the key but it only moved about 5 inches, enough to get my hand in but nothing else. Does anyone know how I can get the passenger door unlocked please.

Are windows manual? Is boot an option? Can rear seats be forced to fold flat? Can you open the lock by pulling the interior handle, if do straighten a piece of wire, create a loop, and try catch the handle

Is it 4/2 door?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

It is a 4 door. Electric Windows. Can't get the boot open, even with the key.
I can open the Drivers Door a few inches but that is it.

What about grabbing the handle from the drivers side with a length of wire/coathanger?
Do you get breakdown assistance with your insurance over there (very common in Ireland)? Are you in the AA/RAC?

by any chance have you left the bonnet unhinged? my dad leaves his 2 seater in the garage over winter and never fully closes the bonnet after d/c the battery just incase theres a problem.

If not it might be worth a try looking at youtube at opening the bonnet from underneath and connecting a battery charger

---------- Post Merged at 02:22 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yTy0404YtU

Don't know what the bonnet mechanism is like on yours but if its anything similar to this you could be onto a winner. Hope that helps :)

Opening the Bonnet from underneath would have been a good way to go.
I managed to find a very helpful Honda Mechanic who gave me a couple of options. Broomstick to slide across and pop the passenger lock or best he thought slide a hooked stick down and release the bonnet, which is on the Drivers Side.
He actually then came out to me, as he was on a Test Drive. Slid a crowbar down the 5 inch gap and popped the bonnet catch. He then put a power pack on so I could get the doors open. Took him all of 3 minutes. Offered to pay him but he refused saying he was just happy to help.
A big thank you to everyone at Collins Honda Bexhill-on-Sea.

yeah,if you can get the hood (bonnet)open stick a battery charger on the battery.love your terminology over there.lol

yeah,if you can get the hood (bonnet)open stick a battery charger on the battery.love your terminology over there.lol
It's your terminology that is fecked up Aldan LOL

Great to see there are still some decent types out there.

LOL.another solution is if the op can get an any wiring at all on the car.if you can find a positive and a ground you can charge the battery thru that.slowly of course.just got to get enough battery power to operate the locks.

Good stuff! Next winter disconnect the battery, leave the bonnet popped and stick a wine bottle cork int bonnet pin hole.

happy motoring :)

Back