London no signal kryptview eurovox starview.

badaman

Hi guys
I woke uo this morning to find my krptview DW800 not displaying most channels. Some would be okay, some would be a black screen with no signal and a couple had pictures but no sound. I am sure north london has not been hit with N3 but i could be wrong. I have done a full system reset and deleted the channels but no joy. When i try to do a scan the signal is strong but not one channel is storing.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info guys. My area in london according to the nagra 3 list, is yet to be affected. I am also unable to check my status on the virgin website. Ill just wait it out for a few hours and see what happens. If anybody gets any new info could you please update this thread.
Cheers

Still nothing. I live near cricklewood north london.

I have just done another scan and i have noticed my cable ID is not showing up.
Any ideas?

OK have any of you guys had new cards from vm - if you subscribe if so then you are in the process of changing over
Some parts of london have changed

Current areas on 3.7

- London 41050 including Harrow, Wembley, Lewisham, Hackney East London, (South London, Croydon set to receive new cards) Seven Kings, Acton London, Barking, Chingford, Shepherds Bush, Upton Park, Walthamstow, Hounslow, West London, Hayes, Heston, Hillingdon, North-West London

Areas switched/switching over to Nagra 3

- Acton London (NTL parts only)
Barking
East Ham London
- East London
- North-West London
West London

Last edited:
Still nothing. I live near cricklewood north london.

I have just done another scan and i have noticed my cable ID is not showing up.
Any ideas?

when you say your cable id you mean the symbol rate - try changing it as its all to do with the changeover if it was something like 6887 try 6952 or vice versa ( sorry think those are correct off the top of my head, but check around the forum for more info

:gah: I just did a scan again and chose portsmouth test code ID, I got all the channels back bar bbc1 and C4. I got bbc 1 england and c4 AD instead. So i decided to do another scan and I cant get even one channel.
Any ideas?

when you say your cable id you mean the symbol rate - try changing it as its all to do with the changeover if it was something like 6887 try 6952 or vice versa ( sorry think those are correct off the top of my head, but check around the forum for more info

thanks okay will do. Any other settings you could suggest would be helpful.

sorry other than doing what you doing and reading the tutorial on here for your box a factory reset and rescan is what usually works IF your not in the change over area but if your trying portsmotuh id thats why your getting nothing as that area has changed over why are you using portsmouth if your in london there is no way that code would work. Bromley is nearer london that portsmouth and Bromley has changed so has most of london
as said look up the tutorial for the box you have for more info

IF anyone has new vm cards in your area or surrounding areas then that its box wont work in a month of sundays!

Last edited:
sorry other than doing what you doing and reading the tutorial on here for your box a factory reset and rescan is what usually works IF your not in the change over area but if your trying portsmotuh id thats why your getting nothing as that area has changed over why are you using portsmouth if your in london there is no way that code would work. Bromley is nearer london that portsmouth and Bromley has changed so has most of london
as said look up the tutorial for the box you have for more info

IF anyone has new vm cards in your area or surrounding areas then that its box wont work in a month of sundays!

I hear you but i had all the channels back inc sky movies bar bbc 1 and c4 and i did a rescan and i cant get anything back now. My area Id is not showing up. The closest one is seven kings.

mm sorry mate dunno what else to say! but a bit confused with your area ID ?? what ever symbol rate your trying try another one there were 3 telepest n t helll and c w

Thanks for all your input guys, it would seem that everything is back to normal. I am now picking up channels after doing a full auto scan again :grin:

now the machine keeps rebooting :doh:

lol sorry maybe its time to give it a rest unplug or a short time - say 30-60 mins then turn on and see - well at least you got channels - so it could have been just an outage in the area - but hey at least if it happens again you got all the answers on here AND at least you got FREE tv lol! more than most of us on here now :):)
Linny :)

lol sorry maybe its time to give it a rest unplug or a short time - say 30-60 mins then turn on and see - well at least you got channels - so it could have been just an outage in the area - but hey at least if it happens again you got all the answers on here AND at least you got FREE tv lol! more than most of us on here now :):)
Linny :)

Glad you think its funny mate :)
I am wondering if it is a issue with my machine or if i should risk a reflash of the frimware.
Can i relflash using the current frimware or do i need to flash to the original?

Back