Looking for a new Box (IPTV usage)

maceyp

As the title says I'm basically after a new faster box that operates smoothly and quickly. I currently have an old Zgemma H2 and started to have a lot of problems with it even after a fresh flash so I decided now is probably a good time to get a fresh box.
So those who are more experienced on the hardware of these boxes please guide me.
Requirements
-IPTV usage
-5ghz wireless receiver (prefer this other wired if possible
-processor that will make build run smooth and quickly

Thank your for your help in advance.

Of
Budget is not an issue.
Yes purely for iptv
Of course budget is an issue, what's your max spend?

Also, there are at least 20 threads of the same nature in this section, if you want a guesstimate

At the cheap end, get a Firestick. £40, runs IPTV perfectly.

At the expensive end, get an Nvidia Shield, £180, runs IPTV perfectly.

Both of them will run IPTV exactly the same, no difference whatsoever, if you purely want IPTV and nothing else, then just get the Firestick. There is little point in spending more than you need to, unless you are going to make use of other things.

The only thing about firestick and Nvidia shield etc is purely that I like the EPG layout and the sky skins and probably why I enjoyed openatv for a long whilst.

I do use the firestick in one of the other rooms and Android box in another.

If you want to keep the same layout and look then you are going to have to stick with an enigma2 box.

I agree,I much prefer the look and operating system of Enigma 2 over Android . There are a few good boxes like Technomate Tm-Twin 4K , Vu uno 4k, Vu duo2,Vu Solo 2. It's down to what you prefer so have a look at reviews and go with the one you like best. I use a Vu Duo 2 and Ultimo just because I had my Duo2 from the Satellite days and they always had good support and I have never had any problem running anything on them and always top quality. Never made use of the 4k as not much content in 4k but who knows in the future.That's just my preference but see what others suggest.

I agree,I much prefer the look and operating system of Enigma 2 over Android . There are a few good boxes like Technomate Tm-Twin 4K , Vu uno 4k, Vu duo2,Vu Solo 2. It's down to what you prefer so have a look at reviews and go with the one you like best. I use a Vu Duo 2 and Ultimo just because I had my Duo2 from the Satellite days and they always had good support and I have never had any problem running anything on them and always top quality. Never made use of the 4k as not much content in 4k but who knows in the future.That's just my preference but see what others suggest.

Cheers mate. I was actually looking at the VU uno SE 4k or the VU zero 4k.

If you want an E2 box i recommend the zgemma i55, it also has 4k now.

Runs fast, supports sly skins and is easy to setup
I'll take a look at the i55 specs compared to VU

I like to post an update when people have helped or fixed an issue rather then leave it blank.

Basically I've ordered the Zgemma i55 plus. Seems to have what I want and the wifi built in.

I like to post an update when people have helped or fixed an issue rather then leave it blank.

Basically I've ordered the Zgemma i55 plus. Seems to have what I want and the wifi built in.
Good shout, I for one would be interested to hear how you go on with the i55 pros & cons.

Good shout, I for one would be interested to hear how you go on with the i55 pros & cons.
Ok it's been running for two days now and I've I'm very happy. After a lot of messing around and editing.

So at first the UI and processing speed I was very happy with. A lot faster from my previous box. Loaded EPG in 5s which used to be 40+s.

Networking issues:
Easily set up the wifi. However it completely refused to connect to the 5g GHz. My network has the same AP name for both. This was down to my end. I had my channels width set at 40hz wide and VHT 80hz. Only to find this device only does up to 40hz wide. Therefore I've moved the 2.4ghz to full 20hz and 5 GHz down to wide 40hz. Not only is my device now using 5ghz network I've not had a single buffering issue and things are running smoothly. The next big test was will it handle being behind a router VPN. Yes it does and again no issues. Overall I'm very happy wit device and got no issues as of yet and on WiFi.

Changing the channel width also fixed my wifiWiFi extender on 5g network.

Nvidia shield all the way, it's a complex system, constantly updated, streams 4k content like a boss, you can game on it. I've had one for nearly a month and we use just that now, no ps4, no sly, nothing!!! Get it, you won't be disappointed mate.

Must also add, I have owned the formuler z7+, a zgemma h2s and a mag 254. Nvidia beats the pants off them all, it takes literally the best of each box and combines them all in one.

I’m looking between zgemma i55 and Formular z7 for IPTV

Am I right that zgemma has the better layout for channels?

Back