Looking for advice for first time setup

Thanks for that. Any update on the state of play with the HD channels? I'm holding off getting a box until I know what the score is! And would most people recommend a Vu box over an Octagon box?

Cheers!

Been reading this thread with great interest. Am tempted to purchase the Octagon SF8 guys, but with this issue of HD channels being down, is it worth it still? From what I've read, some HD channels are still up (BT sport, Sly Sports) but if those too disappear then is an Octagon SF8 worth it? At £119 it isnt the cheapest box available from what I can see but comes with good reviews. My hope is to be able to watch HD channels and record onto an external HD. The £120 mark is my absolute max, cheaper of course is better! Thanks guys, much appreciated!

yes its worth it and ts media a plugin can stream movies and sports,maybe foreign language also.

Does TS media go okay for you on the octagon mate?

What version are you using? The one from the plugin menus? Mines seems to be problematic. I'll be flashing helios soon though so will see how it goes from then on.

As for the box itself. I had some initial setup troubles but would recommend this is you can get it up and running okay. What i like about it above the likes of the blade is that all the channels are categorised better and are autoupdated for you.

Back