Looking for advice!

spats

Hi got 4 C: lines from supplier they all the same except 1234 in them it's working with glitches is it possible to separate them to work to get the best from the four they are cccam can I use something else?

cheers

Gmang, out of interest, does Oscam use all lines in order of speed and swaps accordingly or does it just use one until it is offline and then flicks to the second in the list?

Gmang, out of interest, does Oscam use all lines in order of speed and swaps accordingly or does it just use one until it is offline and then flicks to the second in the list?

Mostly yes, the config I do is connect to them all and just use the first to reply for each request, all equal weight, I have before played with groups and fallback readers but never noticed any gain for the extra config. Other thing I found is with sat only I change the timeouts to 1200ms and reader restart to 500ms from the default 5000ms and 2500ms respectively, if a combo I leave at 5000ms and 2500ms restart, if cable only i use 9500ms and 500ms restart, might not be the best but that's what works for me.

@djgarf If only using one line I would use what your provider recommends, my own personal opinion is one line I would still use oscam but contrary to most posts on here I prefer CCcam over mgcam.....but that is my opinion and people should use what's best for them.

Google "cccam to oscam convertor"
type your c line in and it will produce a reader for you to copy and paste in to oscam.server.

---------- Post Merged at 05:42 PM ----------

Or here's an example

C: my.ball.com 65432 gmangt4 techkings

so do like this

[reader]
label = TV3
protocol = cccam
device = my.ball.com,65432
user = gmangt4
password = techkings
inactivitytimeout = 30
group = 1