Looking for box recommendations

tmc007

Hi im living in a area where our broadband is restricted data allowance so im looking for a e2 box that you can record saorview (irish fta) dvb-t and also have IPTV just for the sports really... Is this possible that i can record fta and have IPTV

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

saorview also has FTA , afaik
it can only be either DVB-T or DVB-C
you have said DVB-T in your first post, then said DVB-C in the 2nd,
maybe mr @wheelo can help
if you require VM ROI it requires a different set-up
if you only want FTA -T and iptv then its different,
all you need is a DVB-C/ T2 receiver

Just googled a normal saorview box and this is what it is "Fully DVB-T, MEPG-2/4 H.264 HD/SD Compliant"
Its for fta im out in the country so there is no cable tv like virgin etc sorry if i worded it wrong

Just googled a normal saorview box and this is what it is "Fully DVB-T, MEPG-2/4 H.264 HD/SD Compliant"
Its for fta im out in the country so there is no cable tv like virgin etc sorry if i worded it wrong

no worries bud,
saorview is a bit different to UK stuff, as some of it is freeview even on cable,
IPTV takes a LOT of broadband.!!!!! a LOT

you basically need a box that has a DVB-T2 tuner and can run IPTV reasonably well,
you may find having decent IPTV as being a bit [ LOT ] of a challenge,
you need fairly decent BB and a really good provider, and it wont be in HD in my experience

if your in the sticks I'd suggest a decent sized motorised motorised [or even fixed ] dish for your sports, a LOT can be had with English audio, even 3pm KOs
more than you would get on cable or UK sat

If your out the country maybe a smart tv and record by usb and have iptv app. Saorview aerial and Ethernet cable straight into tv then, bit more expensive but very little set-up

Back