Looking for Sky alternative...

Hi there, so I've been looking around for the cheapest way to "emulate" the Sky "experience" by means of a cline. At first, I was interested in the Skybox due to its low price, however I believe it will only take in 1 feed (Sky+HD is currently installed with 2 feeds) and I'd like to keep being able to watch one channel whilst recording another. And I also believe this box doesn't allow rewinding live TV, which would be a little annoying. I understand it can pause, though, with an external HDD.

I know of the VU Duo and the Dreambox, but I'm wondering if there's anything else that could offer these capabilities? Ease of use is also a priority as well, as it won't be being used by myself, instead my family who have little knowledge of anything IT related...

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Hi,

a mate of mine has not long bought the Amiko Alien 2 Triple tuner. Retails about the £150 mark.

It is a dual boot Enigma 2 and Spark box and as the title suggests, it can take 2 sat feeds and 1 cable/TV feed.
From what I have seen it looks pretty good and I will be looking at one for myself when I have finished doing my house up.

i did have skybox F3s for a short while but took them back as they were clones.
Also after seeing the Amiko box working, it knocks spots off the skyboxes.

I can't speak about any other box as I have no experience of them.

Chainsaw

Back