Looking to upgrade current box

uproar717

hi there, I currently have a openbox v5s and it does the job but would like a few more features as you can't expect much from such a cheap box. I quite like the look of the vu range as most people seem to be happy with them, was curious to know what the vu+ solo single tuner dvb-s2 HD box is like? I am guessing its the older version of the vu+solo2? would love the solo 2 but bit expensive with it being Christmas this week. what are the differences between the two boxes? If the older box is the same but bar a few features i think it would still be ideal for me, just looking for one i can use a vix image with and use the sly skin which i asume this wold be more than capable of doing. Thanks in advance for any help, hope everyone is having a good Christmas :)

Uproar 717

even the octagon sf8hd at £119 is an excellent better spec than the solo and does the same job its a single tuner from wos and original,wheelo has one.

Cheers Had not seen them will have a look! tempted to hold out as the vu+solo2 looks pretty awesome but weighing up all options :)

went for a cloud box 2 plus for the time being as cheap and cheerful and planning to save and get one of the vu+ range as my main box a bit later, really should get the motorised set up to go with it really!!, have wanted one for a while and talked about to members on here but getting up on my roof is a scary task lol sorry about the double post won't happen again :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 PM ----------

are the channel info/epg etc from the others sats pretty easy to set up on a enigma 2 based box? I assume it would be a bit of a pain in the ass on something like a skybox?[h=3][/h]

on other sats i tried but not got it to work remember foreign is french,german,italian,do you want it lol,on a protek its slow or now and next,but on enigma2 you use current multisat bouquets and there is info on them if you can read dffsqdqk language lol

haha oh yeah i suppose the majority is lol, did hear certain Italian packages have duel audio though :P that's probably what i would be most interested in and any live sport which happens to be on foreign channels. As long as its easy to find and store the channels i guess thats all you need :)

Hi, im new here and looking for info on dreambox setup, what model of dreambox is best to use, where do i buy lines etc..., any info would be great, im from ireland, thanks

dreamboxes are old skool boxes and clones,vu boxes have better support and buy originals from wos

Back