looking to upgrade

colpac

I am wanting to upgrade from my skybox f3 and have been looking at the 7000s.

Will this give me a better epg than the now & next i currently get on the f3?

Is it reasonably easy to set up compared to the f3?

Money is an issue, so is this the best box around the £150 mark as i really dont want to pay any more.

Thanks

You can also get the "Amiko Alien 2" with that money.
It's an dual boot receiver. It has e2 so you can use a lot of the plugins that are available. To name a few, cross epg (7 days epg), auto bouquets ( create bouquets in an instant), 1channel movie streaming service and a lot more. Not forgetting it's a twin tuner where you can record and watch/stream another channel.
You can't go wrong as the support is growing.
The blade is a great box but, the support is lacking as it's not opensourced like e2.

Hope you

My Blade 7000s is fantastic apart from the epg. Its more or less a now and next service after an epg update. Still loving the box though.

The Blade is simple to set up and update patches are normally every 3-6months, has a decent 7 day epg with now and next programme description only and does not update unless you manualy do so despite having the usb slot to save your EPG. The support is so so, however I did a search on the Amiko Alien 2 and its infancy. The £169 price tag and the dual tuner piqued my interest but it appears to technical to set up. If your looking for a plug n go type install for now BM7000s is the one

I tried the Amiko Alien2 and it stinks... Sorry but it does. It is totally unstable running enigma.. Crashes about 10 times a day. EPG is not 7 day no matter whether you are running it in spark mode or wobbly enigma mode. And for some reason it won't record one channel while watching another, so why the hell is it a twin tuner? apparently it's a bug.

Honestly, don't bother. You will throw it at the wall by the fifth time it crashes.

Buy a Blade. It never crashes. It just works from one week to the next without stopping. And the 7 day EPG although not perfect is very good.

Back