Lost remote for zgemma i55

Wigster74

Hi all, firstly thanks for accepting me, much appreciated
My problem, whilst moving to my girlfriends house I have lost my remote control for my zgemma i55 & now cannot even connect to the WiFi, so cannot watch the great service which I have become accustomed too. I have a Sony Experia Compact phone & have tried numerous apps to use as a remote, none of which have worked. Could anyone please help me out either with an app or how to modify one of my old remotes please?
If anyone can help me, thank you so much, if not, I'll just have to buy a new box, but thanks anyway for reading & all the best for the new year
Thanks

Hi haven't you tried to connect the box tho the router by cable ? Then loging onto your router and seeing which IP address your box is assigned to ? If not try it then download an app from app store and once downloaded the app type in the IP of your box. I had to do it with my H2s box

It isn't possible to connect the box, router & TV together, the router is by the front door, but I can & have the IP address, how will this help please? Sorry for my ignorance but I am not technically literate, when I used it before I just plugged it in & put in my WiFi password
Thanks

No, I cannot connect through a cable, I don't have a long enough eathernet cable, it will have to be through WiFi which I cannot do without a remote control, but yes, I know the IP address through other devices
Thanks

Trouble is tho the box won't have an IP address if it's not connected to the router. Don't you know anyone that has a box same or a h2s box ? Just to borrow so you can set it up then download an app and in put the IP on the app on your phone

I'm sorry, where would be the best place for me to post my problem? My sincere apologies, I am not here to disrespect your forums
Sorry & thank you

Click on the forum icon at the top and go down through until you come to the zgemma section,easy mistake and welcome aboard

Back