lots of channels not working??

mrripply

hey lads im at the end of the line here, i have the vu+ mini duo running openpli 4,a nice skin and everything looks great but there is a serious amount of channels not working sd and hd, not to worried about the hd ones but the sd should all be working, im very new to this so my question is how do i get them back is it a rescan or do i have to do something else, ive got autoboquets and that sorted the channels nicely,any help here would be great as the wife wants to get rid of it because of the missing channels and id really like to keep it so im on the clock here!
thanks in advance!!

Them womem have no patience lol. It all needs to be perfect ans easy to use.

Hopefully you get it sorted mate.

What channels can you not get? When you press red button for all channels, are they missing there?

tell me about it, she has not stopped!!
all channels are there just wont come on even some fta are not working, sly premiere works but none of the other movies work, too many to list but some pay are working and fta are not,i dont get it myself as they should be working, also alot of them are duplicated which is weird!
im thinking a rescan of the channels might fix it but im new to this and could be way off, i also dont want to dupicate them again!
heads wrecked....

Do you mean duplicated in the same list or in different lists.

I'm no expert but think a rescan should be okay. Ive never had any duplication from it anyway.

only duplicates in all channels list, in the boquets thre is only one of each channel, but the channels that dont work in the all list also dont work in boquets list, im also not sure how to rescan can you help?

only duplicates in all channels list, in the boquets thre is only one of each channel, but the channels that dont work in the all list also dont work in boquets list, im also not sure how to rescan can you help?

I'm not that clued up but i'll try my best.

My settings are:

Menu/setup/service searching

'Tuner configuration' menu i have- config mode set to simple, mode set to single, satellite set to 28.2e eutelsat 28a and astra 2a/2e/2f and send diseqc set to no

Then in 'automatic scan' menu i have - clear before scan set to yes and scan tuner a set to yes (you might have different as your box is different'

I then hit gree to scan.

im sorry but how do you mean update??
i know bt 1-2 boxnation and espn have changed frequencys but surely 50% of the rest have not?
maybe ill try and rescan and see what happens, ive nothing to lose at this stage!
without the rest of th channels working i wont be able to keep it anyway!!
thanks!

im sorry but how do you mean update??
i know bt 1-2 boxnation and espn have changed frequencys but surely 50% of the rest have not?
maybe ill try and rescan and see what happens, ive nothing to lose at this stage!
without the rest of th channels working i wont be able to keep it anyway!!
thanks!

Yes it does seem strange that a movie channel works but the others don't. Try a rescan and if that fails then hopefully someone else techy will have an idea.

thanks my friend i have just hit the rescan!
fingers crossed!
ill keep you posted,
thanks again!

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ----------

hey ruud82 i dont use this word very often but you my friend are a legend, after a rescan and restart of the box ALL CHANNELS are now working perfect!!
thank you very much for th help,looks like ill be keeping it after all,
and some kudos with the wife is always a bonus!
thanks again buddy!!

thanks my friend i have just hit the rescan!
fingers crossed!
ill keep you posted,
thanks again!

---------- Post Merged at 08:26 PM ----------

hey ruud82 i dont use this word very often but you my friend are a legend, after a rescan and restart of the box ALL CHANNELS are now working perfect!!
thank you very much for th help,looks like ill be keeping it after all,
and some kudos with the wife is always a bonus!
thanks again buddy!!

Not bad for a noob eh? lol

Glad to help. I understand the frustration. I had a hard tine myself getting set up.

Enjoy your telly :woohoo:

Back