m3u and m3u_plus...?

satboy1

Hello,
can some one help.....
ive got jedi maker...got it to work with a test from a supplier....who suplied an m3u.....with ext .ts (at the end of the m3u line)
But
when i paid for a 6 months sub with this supplier..he gave an m3u with m3u_plus at the end of the line...

and that wont work....... jedi gives the red light...not connected to the server....
and i when i make a config.xml file i cant get it working either....!!

so should it work as an .xml file....?
OR
is there away to change / convert m3u_plus to a .ts format...?
thanks to help..pulling my hair out for 7 hrs with this supplier last night..still nothing...
thanks
satboy1

Hello,
can some one help.....
ive got jedi maker...got it to work with a test from a supplier....who suplied an m3u.....with ext .ts (at the end of the m3u line)
But
when i paid for a 6 months sub with this supplier..he gave an m3u with m3u_plus at the end of the line...

and that wont work....... jedi gives the red light...not connected to the server....
and i when i make a config.xml file i cant get it working either....!!

so should it work as an .xml file....?
OR
is there away to change / convert m3u_plus to a .ts format...?
thanks to help..pulling my hair out for 7 hrs with this supplier last night..still nothing...
thanks
satboy1
m3u_plus in an enhanced version of an m3u that includes tags, that recognises channel groups, catchup markers etc both work with jedi but always use m3u_plus if available,.
If getting red light i assume you have a typo

ok..thanks for your reply...i am confident there isnt a typo in my entries..in either jedi or in config file..its the first thing one checks for...
ANd i spent hours last night entering and re entering..and re checking spellings..and all entries...
and the ext in the jedi maker on screen is only given as .ts or .m3u8.....?
So does jedi still except the line if you cant select m3u_plus as the ext at the end...?
which should i select to make the .m3u_plus be accepted.. .ts or .m3u8..... as the ext....?

thanks

ok..thanks for your reply...i am confident there isnt a typo in my entries..in either jedi or in config file..its the first thing one checks for...
ANd i spent hours last night entering and re entering..and re checking spellings..and all entries...
and the ext in the jedi maker on screen is only given as .ts or .m3u8.....?
So does jedi still except the line if you cant select m3u_plus as the ext at the end...?
which should i select to make the .m3u_plus be accepted.. .ts or .m3u8..... as the ext....?

thanks
i should add..the m3u line had .ts as the ext in the trail test..and worked.......this was through jedi...... but the same supplier gives me a paid sub with m3u_plus ..and cant seem to work...help....

i should add..the m3u line had .ts as the ext in the trail test..and worked.......this was through jedi...... but the same supplier gives me a paid sub with m3u_plus ..and cant seem to work...help....
Have you tried putting your paid for user & pass in the trial m3u and using that?

go into box via ftp and check playlists.txt entry in /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists sometimes errors creep in during auto import/create

go into box via ftp and check playlists.txt entry in /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists sometimes errors creep in during auto import/create

so are u saying i can delete stuff in the playlists.txt entriy,,,??? ANd it may make jedi work better/properly...?
im new to jedi..so need to make sure of what im doing...thanks for helping

Have you tried putting your paid for user & pass in the trial m3u and using that?
Thanks for your reply...at first i thought brilliant idea.......but wouldnt the trial be dead on his server..so putting my user/pass wou;dnt give anyhting....??
OR
am i missing something here..or lost the understanding of how it works...??
Thanks to help

so are u saying i can delete stuff in the playlists.txt entriy,,,??? ANd it may make jedi work better/properly...?
im new to jedi..so need to make sure of what im doing...thanks for helping
yes you can delete the entries in playlists.txt (using notepad via right click view/edit) and then paste in your new m3u_plus playlist rec'd from your provider (and click save)

Thanks for your reply...at first i thought brilliant idea.......but wouldnt the trial be dead on his server..so putting my user/pass wou;dnt give anyhting....??
OR
Thanks to help

OR
Thanks to help
not a good idea, some put trials on a seperate server and then more importantly you need the m3u_plus version or all your channels will all appear be in one massive list

OR
Thanks to help

Just ask your provider for a .ts line instead of a m3u_plus

That said you should just be able to edit it yourself.

Try rebooting the box and router before doing anything else as this often connects straight away

not a good idea, some put trials on a seperate server and then more importantly you need the m3u_plus version or all your channels will all appear be in one massive list
I'd be asking for a refund.
What's the point of testing one server then buying a sub on a different one?

Also my line is .ts and jedi creates all separate bouquets for news/sports/kids/movies etc

Easiest way no matter what form of m3u line is given is to create a playlists.txt file and ftp it across to the box. Quick guide below

1) open notepad
2) paste your m3u line into it and save to desktop as a playlists.txt file only
3) ftp it across to the box to both etc-enigma2 and etc-enigma2-jediplaylists folder as depending on your firmware it could be either
4) go onto jedi plugin and create channels

Dude just ask for a refund . Your provider should help you get set up not leave you to have to ask on online fourms . Any old monkey can sell iptv its the support that makes it valuable

Don't understand why the trial sub wasn't able to just be extended, sounds like you're being put on a cheaper seperate server

Don't understand why the trial sub wasn't able to just be extended, sounds like you're being put on a cheaper seperate server
hi..yes i agree..and i asked for that to happen..but gave his answere as..cant..because lines are randoml;y generated....WHAT....what does that mean....??
surely he has a record of the lines used and to what customer....and we could revert back to it...but no......!!!
yes..its tiem to ask for the refund....
but other here have supplied templates for a conversion line....so ill just add my details into one of the lines and see if his server will recognise the user and pass...and maybe play...??,.
Thanks for ya help

Brilliant..thank you....
would it work to use a differnet line (one of the above that you supply) and enter my details from him..like user and password...
can i ask ....not sure of what im gettign at..BUT...what part of the m3u line does his server read..and what part of the line does my box read from the line..
Im trtying to understaND IF THE CHANGE /CONVERSION OF THE LINE..WILL or will NOT WORK ..? RE..change from m3u_plus to .ts for example...!!!
THANKS IF MY JUMBLED MIND MAKES ANY SENSE HERE...
satboy1

Brilliant..thank you....
would it work to use a differnet line (one of the above that you supply) and enter my details from him..like user and password...
can i ask ....not sure of what im gettign at..BUT...what part of the m3u line does his server read..and what part of the line does my box read from the line..
Im trtying to understaND IF THE CHANGE /CONVERSION OF THE LINE..WILL or will NOT WORK ..? RE..change from m3u_plus to .ts for example...!!!
satboy1
Just use my guide as posted and if the line is active it will show a green light in jedimaker

Brilliant..thank you....
satboy1
You're all over the place here dude.
When he sent your paid sub, did it have the same server and port number as the test line?
Eg http/iptvserver.com:8000
If its the same server and port just replace the user and pass from your paid sub into the test line and away you go

Brilliant..thank you....
satboy1
Yes just replace the capitol letters with your details
Your connecting to his server and it checks your user & pass are valid whatever format its in
As for the rest of the line, I dont know what the box/plugin does with it (all iknow is it works) lol

Back