M3U

denjules

hi all ,
does anyone know how or where I can find how to convert m3u http to a wget file ?
I normally use extreme editor plugin for iptv but have been trying to learn how to add m3u using putty.
I have been trying for 2 months to put iptv on another zgemma h2s but keep failing I have searched the net for advice and watched several videos on youtube but can;t get it to work
just watched a video that said my line has to be converted to a wget file is this correct if so how do I do it ?

many thanks and hope someone can help or point me in the right direction

Seems you are over complicating things. If you have the m3u URL - use a plugin such as jedimaker or e2m3u2bouquet.

The wget command is a command line utility for downloading files from the Internet.
hi all ,
does anyone know how or where I can find how to convert m3u http to a wget file ?
I normally use extreme editor plugin for iptv but have been trying to learn how to add m3u using putty.
I have been trying for 2 months to put iptv on another zgemma h2s but keep failing I have searched the net for advice and watched several videos on youtube but can;t get it to work
just watched a video that said my line has to be converted to a wget file is this correct if so how do I do it ?

many thanks and hope someone can help or point me in the right direction
Very strange way of trying to setup your iptv. Use the jedimaker plugin which allows m3u input it will create a nice channel list for you

Yes jedimaker is your best option otherwise you can also use IPTV editor pro app which will give you a straight enigma line

Yes jedimaker is your best option otherwise you can also use IPTV editor pro app

ah thanks sorry but in the past I have just had a line attached to extreme editor and wanted to learn how to do it myself ..am but out of touch on this sort of thing but is jedi maker a downloadable plugin if not where do I get it ?
My usual supplier has packed in so got a bit stuck and frustrated I just watched videos thinking I could learn how to do it .

many thanks to all who replied the thing is I love my zgemma but people keep telling me they are no good. I love been able to record even iptv stuff that I am not in for.
I wasn't aware that I can install apps on a zgemma ?
I thought they had to be ipk files ?

ah thanks sorry but in the past I have just had a line attached to extreme editor and wanted to learn how to do it myself ..am but out of touch on this sort of thing but is jedi maker a downloadable plugin if not where do I get it ?
My usual supplier has packed in so got a bit stuck and frustrated I just watched videos thinking I could learn how to do it .

many thanks to all who replied the thing is I love my zgemma but people keep telling me they are no good. I love been able to record even iptv stuff that I am not in for.
I wasn't aware that I can install apps on a zgemma ?
I thought they had to be ipk files ?
If you want to use an enigma2 box like the H2s you'll need a newer model as H2s can't handle the HEVC streams currently being used.
You can try it but it's likely that more and more channels will stop working as your provider changes over.
If you get a H7C or H7s you can still record and everything else and these models can handle the HEVC streams easily.
To use jedimaker plugin you can install it from downloadable plugins list via remote

great stuff thanks I wondered why some of my channels wouldn't play ,sometimes they did but not all the time and especially the fhd.s.
I do have an H9s se but it only has single tuner and for some reason will not record so don.t use.
wish I had come on here and asked the questions earlier I totally forgot i been a member for years looked at some posts but never asked the questions ...what a dummy lol
you guys are great a huge thankyou to you all

great stuff thanks I wondered why some of my channels wouldn't play ,sometimes they did but not all the time and especially the fhd.s.
I do have an H9s se but it only has single tuner and for some reason will not record so don.t use.
wish I had come on here and asked the questions earlier I totally forgot i been a member for years looked at some posts but never asked the questions ...what a dummy lol
you guys are great a huge thankyou to you all
The IPTV doesn't use the tuners, they are for satellite.
If your iptv provider allows recording, or if you have a multi line you should be able to record one channel and watch another

not sure if I need to set something differently if I watch a movie from iptv service then open the epg all lists of the movies are there but if i go up or down the list then press ok to select different channel it just jumps jumps to BBC1 in my 28.2E bouquets can anyone help at all please ?

have you actually done epg or just ran jedimaker to make bouquets you need to run epgimporter and press blues button to select sources. Then tick all the 6 rytec uk Sat/Virgin XMLTV ones and also the one with your iptvservice name you added in jedimaker then press green to save now go back to epgimporter and press yellow button to manually inport the epg.

Attachments

• Configure_1.jpg
    Configure_1.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Configure_2.jpg
    Configure_2.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Sources.jpg
    Sources.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 10
I managed to sort it i think.... in jedi maker there was an option in settings saying "group bouquets in its own folder" and I had put yes changed it to no and its great now works spot on
many thanks :sneaky:

I have another zgemma h2s at my caravan that has iptv through XE plugin and was just wondering if there a way of saving just the the XE plugin settings on its own so if box goes down and I wanted to try a different image eg openvix ,ipab etc could I install XE on it then put the settings for my XE on so I don't have to get my supplier to switch the line to a different QR code ?
I know I can save the full image but just wondered if just the XE plugin settings can be saved on its own ?

I have another zgemma h2s at my caravan that has iptv through XE plugin and was just wondering if there a way of saving just the the XE plugin settings on its own so if box goes down and I wanted to try a different image eg openvix ,ipab etc could I install XE on it then put the settings for my XE on so I don't have to get my supplier to switch the line to a different QR code ?
I know I can save the full image but just wondered if just the XE plugin settings can be saved on its own ?
Not sure on the XE code as i have never used editor but i should imagine it would work. Do not put ipab on that box its years old and will brick the box

ok thanks mate I am liking the jedimaker took awhile for me to figure out having been used to XE for few years I first started on extreme code but that went years back so I took to xtreameditor plugin as it was only way I knew how to get iptv but sorted with it now thanks to you moshibeth..
thing is I can't help playing about with the box and end up making a Bautox of it ..or words to that effect lol :sob:
Always ended up re-flashing and asking supplier to change my line to another code but great doing it this way now I also have loads more channels than I had I suppose it was just what the supplier wanted to give me was what I got lots better having the choice myself

ok thanks mate I am liking the jedimaker took awhile for me to figure out having been used to XE for few years I first started on extreme code but that went years back so I took to xtreameditor plugin as it was only way I knew how to get iptv but sorted with it now thanks to you moshibeth..
thing is I can't help playing about with the box and end up making a Bautox of it ..or words to that effect lol :sob:
Always ended up re-flashing and asking supplier to change my line to another code but great doing it this way now I also have loads more channels than I had I suppose it was just what the supplier wanted to give me was what I got lots better having the choice myself
I find a lot of suppliers who use the XE plugin have very limited knowledge of E2 software so they choose that option. Good to be able to use all the tools in the box so to speak.

I managed to sort it i think.... in jedi maker there was an option in settings saying "group bouquets in its own folder" and I had put yes changed it to no and its great now works spot on
many thanks :sneaky:

Another point if you want to watch VOD or Series better not to use jedimaker try X-Streamity you can just copy your playlist.txt file from jedimaker folder to x-streamity folder.
Saves you having tones of bouquets on main screen.

Another point if you want to watch VOD or Series better not to use jedimaker try X-Streamity you can just copy your playlist.txt file from jedimaker folder to x-streamity folder.
Saves you having tones of bouquets on main screen.
Pro-tip; you can leave the playlist where it is and tell xtreamity plugin to use the playlist in etc/enigma2/jediplaylists

I find a lot of suppliers who use the XE plugin have very limited knowledge of E2 software so they choose that option. Good to be able to use all the tools in the box so to speak.
I would disagree on that using xe is just like using Jedi apart from it’s all done provider end so end users don’t see there username or password and less chance of it taking hours to explain and get end users setup lol

Back