Mag 250 set top box

In what way is it better than xmbc/kodi. I am using kodi thru my laptop and have used a test line over the last two days and the pic in HD is crystal and have had no freezes or glitches. But u would know it was streamed and as good as it is I was wondering if a mag box or some other box would be better/quicker than my laptop?

Google magbox and look at hardware stats and compare , if you have a decent laptop the mag wont be any better other thampn epg option.

mag 250 IPTV for a year is about £70-90
box on its own from uk is about £70

magt250 including a year sub is about £120

i havent used one myself but i have seen it in a friends and he rates them (he has no sy dish or VM into the house)

I've got an android box and I would like to know who can I access to pay server were can I watch European tv

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I've been using a Blade 5000 for a while but have heard the Mag 254 is much better. Is this true? and if so, can I simply purchase one of these Mag 254 boxes and set it up using the same line I have on the Blade box now? Or is it best/necessary to purchase a new line for it?
Any help appreciated.

Mr Moko, mag boxes are for Iptv
nlines and clines do not work on these boxes. You need to get fixed up with a Iptv server and load the portal onto the box

Thanks for the reply Garyth. I didn't realise they were completely different things.
So would the process be the same as getting a line for the Blade box? As in, request one somewhere here and get it that way? Are they as easy to apply/setup on the boxes? And similar costs?
Sorry for all the questions but as I say, i've been using the Blade and assumed this would be similar.
There are Mag boxes 'fully loaded with 2500 channels' for sale and am I write in thinking these will be pre-setup and so not requiring a further server/portal added to the box? So essentially plug and play?
Thanks.

Do not buy preloaded, buy a mag 254 from a reputable site, there's a thread on this very site " anyone recommend a good Iptv server" or Iptv new subscription.
post in those and request a test, the magic for the Mag is done from the providers end. They just hook you up via MAC address.
theyll give you the portal details and you load them in the inner portal, once that's completed, contact your provider and he locks you on
Full hd and every 3 pm kick off on a Saturday
hope this helps

IPTV Server Request thread -> http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=89616&goto=newpost

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

A few questions before I commit to buying this box:

1. Can the mag 250/254 record from a 7 day epg? So could you set it to record 6 days from now for example?
2. Can one line provide a feed to two boxes like sky?

Thanks

Back