MAG 256 W1

midas_dj

Hi guys, If I was to buy the MAG256 w1 (WiFi model 150Mbps) just to have the wifi facility if ever I required it, could I still use it via the ethernet for Internet connectivity as the main source but have the wifi option as a backup? Just think it's best to have both options available if ever need be.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Don't have one, but looking at pictures of the box on the shopping sites, it has an ethernet port, so should allow you to use the ethernet port, and have wifi as fallback...

Don't have one as in dont buy the box mate?

I've seen the pictures to and don't want to buy it if it's just wifi

Don't have one as in dont buy the box mate?

I've seen the pictures to and don't want to buy it if it's just wifi

No, mean don't have one, as in I don't have one to offer my own personal knowledge of the box. But, if the ethernet port is there, then it should work... If they're anything like the android tv boxes, if you connect to ethernet, it disables the wifi. However, if no ethernet connection is available, it will use wifi...

So, I would say you should be fine. But I'm sure if not, someone will correct me :p

Hi guys, If I was to buy the MAG256 w1 (WiFi model 150Mbps) just to have the wifi facility if ever I required it, could I still use it via the ethernet for Internet connectivity as the main source but have the wifi option as a backup? Just think it's best to have both options available if ever need be.

Thanks in advance

Just to confirm, I have both the Mag254 and the Mag256, both are compatible with either wireless or Ethernet cable. Obviously cable gives the best result, but I have the 254 on a USB dongle in the upstairs bedroom which works without freezing even though the router is downstairs.
If you decide to purchase , best use an authorised infomir dealer as there are so many cloned boxes out there.

Just to confirm, I have both the Mag254 and the Mag256, both are compatible with either wireless or Ethernet cable. Obviously cable gives the best result, but I have the 254 on a USB dongle in the upstairs bedroom which works without freezing even though the router is downstairs.
If you decide to purchase , best use an authorised infomir dealer as there are so many cloned boxes out there.
Many thanks for the info sir

No, mean don't have one, as in I don't have one to offer my own personal knowledge of the box. But, if the ethernet port is there, then it should work... If they're anything like the android tv boxes, if you connect to ethernet, it disables the wifi. However, if no ethernet connection is available, it will use wifi...

So, I would say you should be fine. But I'm sure if not, someone will correct me :p
Thanks again mate, much appreciated!

Any recommendations on an authorised dealer sir?

Any recommendations on an authorised dealer sir?

If you go into infomir website then click into their menu top right hand side, this will bring up suppliers, mine came from a company from Bedfordshire with free next Day delivery. Hope this helps

If you go into infomir website then click into their menu top right hand side, this will bring up suppliers, mine came from a company from Bedfordshire with free next Day delivery. Hope this helps
Thanks again mate

Back