Magic Box MG4 HD??

Does anyone know anything about these boxes or does anyone have one.

I've seen them advertised and prob need to update from Kryptview so I'm looking for the next best thing. Not bothered about subscription based.

What is everyone else using now. What's the easiest to setup.

As you are obviously a bluenose I would be tempted to say there great !!! buy one !!! in fact buy two !!! lol

but joking apart, I would go with an E2 type box flashed with Openvix from world of sat.

If you just want cable they are cheaper than this box and have good support.

If you want a combo then the Edision is £99

They maybe ok, but if you buy a box that nobody else has and get stuck setting it up
there won't be much help about.

It's basically a Linux based combo, like the Zgemma boxes, it looks like a clone of a dreambox, so it's a clone of a clone lol

dream.jpgmagic.jpg

you will need to pay a sub to a server.

Have a look here

Last edited:
Hi Bees, I take it your a red ha ha.

Thanks for your reply. I had a look at them on world of sat.

Would you recommend buying the HDD for £50 or getting one from somewhere else.

I'm not technically gifted to be honest. So not sure what I'm dealing with. I can follow instructions that's about it.

I have a kryptview but need something more updated/better.

Cheers, Tony.

Yeah mate, I'm a red, don't know why lately, they are shocking lol

Up to you, any USB Hdd should do, I use USB 3.0 Toshiba 500Gb in general, about £30

There is a guide here

Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid would be a good replacement for a KV

Last edited:
Hiya Bees, I've just ordered the Edison combo mate. I thought I'd pay the extra tenner and I'll always have the choice then if i would want to use satellite. I got the openvix flash is that right. Are they easy to set up. I know you posted a link, I havent really watched it yet. Whats the score on subs too? Anyway, cheers mate. Good luck in the final tomorrow (not) ha ha!!!

Back