major problem, please help

pizzaman

hi all,

my bm7000s has been sitting still for the last 4 weeks with an out of date cline. i got in touch with my cline bloke today and went to the box to update cline info. i just noticed that the box is not on. there is no power light, no clock, nothing. the ethernet light on the back was also not on. i changed the power lead, then i pulled the lead out o my sly box and put it in

nothing

anyone know whats happened? this box has not moved in the last 14 months and has worked fine every time ive used it. now it dont wanna turn on. if anyone knows whats happened or more importantly, how to fix it, let me know please.

any help would be greatly appreciated

:whacko::whacko::whacko:

ok mate, where is it? what does it look like? where can i get one? is it changeable?
any help would be great

cheers
:):):)

if u take the cover off its on the left side when looking from the front and don`t no where to get a replacement board from m8 normally people say they are no good unless u can get intouch with blade its self. if u no any1 who can test the board like a tv repair shop u can try them but u have got to be carefull as once u take cover off then tag will be broke

hi again,

the first year i paid for the box and the line. this year i was gonna reap the benefits of just buying the line. it would be great if anyone knows how to fix this. otherwise i am gonna have to buy a new one.

i really dont wanna buy another.

please help

hi m8 the blade is very like the tm5402 and if u open it up check the capasitors for any1 thats looks like its been leaking or swollen ontop of it i fixed a tm5402 by changing 1 of the capasitors and it was only about 12p

As mentioned above might be one of the caps.

Will either be leaking or look like this.

c14.jpg

cheers hiteck,

i have just got in touch with bm who say this could be a psu issue. they have said these can be replaced easily so i have just asked them to send me one. waiting for a reply as yet but will keep you posted.

Back