Major problems with cable line?

channelking

Hi guys.

I really really hope someone can give me any suggestions.

Basically I bought a a cable line and I have noticed on some not all channels heavy glitching and heavy freezing. On top of that I have noticed that when changing to a channel it just is a black screen and nothing comes on until I move channels up and down then it comes on. Never had this problem previously.

The provider keeps blaming my setup and saying nothing is wrong with the server.

Can anyone advise me or the possible issue as I am losing my mind literally with these bloody issues with no help from the person who provided the line.

Thanks.

But I never had this issue with my last provider.

Plus I have had other test lines which also havent had the issues like I am having with the current line.

So you say its my setup but what would be causing it then as I dont think my signal levels are weak or too strong either? Thats why I dont believe the issue is on my end.

if unsure try a testline from another provider, and if you still have the same issues then you will know its your end.

if the test line works with no fault then get back on to your provider and tell him you tried a test line from someone else without any problems, but when you use his you get this problem.

if unsure try a testline from another provider, and if you still have the same issues then you will know its your end.

Agree all the way, you need something to compare against.

What box and firmware are you using and what signal strength is showing on your glitchy channels compared to the stable channels.

Generally speaking if it is your lne it would effect all your channels, sounds like a tuner / signal problem
from your first post.

cactikid got in there while I was typing lol

if the test line works with no fault then get back on to your provider and tell him you tried a test line from someone else without any problems, but when you use his you get this problem.

Thats what I have done mate, I have tried various test line with no heavy glitching, freezing, or black channels showing. But the provider is still saying their server is perfect. So I dont get how my setup is the issue and if it is supposedly the issue then what would the cause be.

I tested EVERY channel with the test lines(sad I know) but no issues like I have with current line. I guess this provider takes peoples money and afterwards where there are problems basically blames you.

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 PM ----------

what box and what type of line used and what cam lol

Its a TM Nano, n line and mgcamd.

---------- Post Merged at 02:59 PM ----------

Agree all the way, you need something to compare against.

What box and firmware are you using and what signal strength is showing on your glitchy channels compared to the stable channels.

Generally speaking if it is your lne it would effect all your channels, sounds like a tuner / signal problem
from your first post.

cactikid got in there while I was typing lol

Like I said these problems arent prevalent with the test line.

Funny thing is I dont have these issues on my sat line either.

Im using the TM nano and VIX. Generally speaking the signal level/strength changes. But on the glitchy/freezing channels the SNR is between 86-89 and AGC is 55-58. But dont know the difference with either SNR and AGC. Im not sure if those numbers are fine or not.

So mate you think my signal levels are too weak then or I have a faulty tuner then?

Also what is the cause for black screen when going on channels?

I am out of options, I have no idea what is going on or what to do and I am literally stressed and getting ill over this crap.

---------- Post Merged at 03:02 PM ----------

The op's not a fault. Server clearly running on cache. Channels will only clear if they are stored in cache.

op, are channels such as bbc sd clearing fine without picture break up?

ss1hd, bt 1 hd channels are prone to glitching if signal is weak. Take a test from a server that actually has local cards to see if problem persists.

Hi yes some sd channels are clearing fine without any issues same with HD.

But there are some channels SD and HD included which freeze, glitch or just showing a black screen with nothing coming on.

Also what is deemed by signal being weak, what should the signal level range from? As I know there is a guideline on what is classed as really weak signal or really strong signal.

Last edited by a moderator:
SNR in then 80's is usually well good enough

So if signal levels are fine and if it is supposedly my setup (which I still dont believe it is) then what other issues will there be on the setup of mine?

Depends on the box for eg zgemma h2h show signal level around 70% with cable despite perfect signal.

Based on your tests, this has proven that your server was running on cache and failing to clear all the channels. Ditch him and move to someone with local cards.

Remember in this game, vm cards are rare. Based on price you can judge whether a server decent or not... also feedback. Best if you can see screenshots proving locals.

Last edited:
i run on a lower signal around 52% on the xtrend 10000 with no issues,you said nline are you using mgcamd 1.38 and retried a new mg_cfg from downloads?,if other lines work ok does sound like his end.

I take it your using mgcamd?

ok install filezilla and notepad++.

ftp to your receiver using filezilla. Go to /usr/keys and open mg_cfg file. K: ecm timeout should be set to 10. Cable channels request ecm within 9850ms (10 seconds roughly).

# network ecm timeout in seconds
K: { 10 }

Now open newcamd.list. Should be displayed similar to this. Below is an example.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = dns.ddns.uk 11111 test test 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

----

Host = dns.ddns.uk
port = 11111
username = test
password = test
Deskey = 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 - this is default deskey, your server may well be different

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ----------

Have you checked your ECM times?

ECM not all that important.

Remember ECM will be alot higher if requested directly from card. ECM's stored in cache will result in channels clearing alot faster.

Also bare in mind this is cable. ECM will naturally be alot higher.

Remember ECM will be alot higher if requested directly from card. ECM's stored in cache will result in channels clearing alot faster.

OK - will be interested in understanding how the OP manages to fix the issue as we are experiencing a similar issue with our cable provider. we notice glitching on channels when the ECM goes beyond 3s - but you say it is not that important so not sure what to make of it.

OK - will be interested in understanding how the OP manages to fix the issue as we are experiencing a similar issue with our cable provider. we notice glitching on channels when the ECM goes beyond 3s - but you say it is not that important so not sure what to make of it.

Lol, it is important but nothing to concern yourself over too much.

this screenshot from oscam connected to vm cards. Look at the times.

9c6126ce0a6d4fa68cc58f9098e37c35.png

i hope im not breaking any rules... mods delete the above screenshot IF it undermines your rules...ty

Last edited:
SNR in then 80's is usually well good enough

So if signal levels are fine and if it is supposedly my setup (which I still dont believe it is) then what other issues will there be on the setup of mine?

Depends on the box for eg zgemma h2h show signal level around 70% with cable despite perfect signal.

Based on your tests, this has proven that your server was running on cache and failing to clear all the channels. Ditch him and move to someone with local cards.

Remember in this game, vm cards are rare. Based on price you can judge whether a server decent or not... also feedback. Best if you can see screenshots proving locals.

Well they "claim" their servers run from local cards. TBH I cant believe someone who has screwed me over and isnt willing to help me.

I feel like I have been conned and its bloody hurts trusting someone and being let down big time.

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

Have you checked your ECM times?

Sorry what do you mean? How quick it takes for the channel to come on?

There are ALOT of channels that dont even come on it just shows a black screen and I have waited MINUTES and still nothing came on.

I have done heavy test with other lines and this persons line and it is astonishing how poor this persons line is.

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ----------

If I am being honest I dont think this issue will be fixed, I cant get a refund. At the same time I dont want to lose what I paid.

I work hard like many here and to then get screwed over and my money taken just like that and given a shocking service is just really sad.

Im not sure about ECM but I assume that has got to do with why some channels are even clearing and just show a black screen.

Sorry what do you mean? How quick it takes for the channel to come on?

Depending on your box it should show you the ECM times (in secs) per channel like it does with SNR - in my experience ECM for cable needs to be < 4sec - longer than that and easy to experience glitching / freezing.

I have done heavy test with other lines and this persons line and it is astonishing how poor this persons line is.

Well that is pretty conclusive as to where the problem lies..

Depending on your box it should show you the ECM times (in secs) per channel like it does with SNR - in my experience ECM for cable needs to be < 4sec - longer than that and easy to experience glitching / freezing.

Well that is pretty conclusive as to where the problem lies..

Hmm. where exactly are these ECM times shown on each channel?

Ye each channels does show SNR and AGC.

Do you mean ECM times need to generally be <4sec for channel to clear? Apologies as I am not too sure what you mean.

I certainly will NEVER recommend this person to anyone. The way they have treated me and just chucked me aside is not someone I can recommend to anyone with good conscious.

Hi
Did you manage to sort out the problem and if so what was the cause.
I am having similar issues - was very bad to start with then I tightened the cables and it got better for a week but now it's back and on most of the HD channels from VM.
I don't have the CWS keep alive line and have not checked the other file either but will check when I get home - is this very important? I remember the keep alive was set to 120 when I got the box but don't know how it disappeared must've delete it when adding lines.
I've tried many test line and same with all of them so not the line.
How do you test ecm time on zgemma h2h box?
I have one sly line and 3 VM lines installed
The glitches are really annoying wasn't too bad when it was glitching slightly but now unwatchable
Anyone help with this would be appreciated
Thanks

Back