Maplin Signal Testers

biggzi

I am having a problem getting any kind of signal from my dish so I'm ganna go buy a signal tester from Maplin later today.

Just wanted to ask... Maplin have a load of different signal testers. Has anybody ever used one of the maplin testers? I was just going to buy the cheapest but is it worth me spending a few extra quid to get a good one?

Any advice is appreciated.

Sat signal meters are handy but you only need a cheapie---I got one in Aldis awhile back for £2.99 but also have one that cost £24.99 off Amazon---both do the same job [scream when on sat] so no need to splash out---some cheapies on the bay.
Reaper.

Thanks Reaper that's pretty much what I needed to hear.

Dish is positioned pretty well I think. I believe its either a dodgy F Connector or a faulty LNB. £2.99 what a bargain! Maplin are such a rip off ill see if there's anywhere cheaper....

I had one, cost me about a tenner, never found a sat would squeal all over the place but when
you connected the box "no signal" ROFL, drove me nuts.

tried it a few times, it was complete crap, I even connected it when my dish was set up and I had a picture, got nothing, I just do it by eye, much easier.

Connect it all up, stick your sat box on BBC1, wack up the sound on the TV
and start wiggling that dish !!! (y)

I do the same as you Bees but a meter always comes in handy especially if you are a novice or playing with multi sat but each to their own.
And yes, Maplins is one big rip off but not many little sat shops left now so sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.
Reaper.

The meter I had was hopeless, used to set my dish up when camping in the caravan.

Becomes a two minute job, but I was really overthinking it when I first started out and the meter didn't help !!

Still curse it !!! lol

Right I purchased the nikkai satellite finder with the digital display. Pretty simple setup plug in line and it's meant to come on.

Well I plugged it in but I'm not getting anything. The finder isn't even coming on! I tested the lnb connection on the back of my zgemma 2s with a multi meter and it's putting out 0.6v is this correct? Doesn't seem high enough to me?

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ----------

OK forget that. Did a channel search and the finder came on. Tested with the meter and it's now switching between 13v and 18v which looks right.

0% signal. Well at least I can start to narrow down my problem... and I know it's not a faulty box or lnb compatibility.

Fixed! Narrowed it down to a dodge F connector. Refitted the connector and I now have 99% signal!

Just as a bit of advice... the digital sat finder from maplin worked a charm and gave good detail about readings and the buzzer is very helpful.

Back