Media art 7 and ultra boxes

Plateface

Has anyone used or set a media art 7 or media art 7 ultra box up. Looks like everything I'm after baring a pvr. Can set up showbox as an android app to download movies and get a cline and use it as a sat box too.
anyone have any experience with them?

Got one of these, rebuilt it several times, prone to corruption if not shutdown properly or just sometimes dies for no reason.

There is zero support for this box, there used to be a forum but just a day after i started asking questions it shutdown. There is a Turkish company that sells the same box but under the name of Atlanta G4, you can get software (not firmware) from them.

The XBMC version that ships with this box is a hacked version that uses the in-built iMedia Player, the downer on that is that there is no XBMC subtitle support, useless for me as my Brazilian wife like to have subs on. If you don't need subs then it works well, plays HD stutter free. For subs i had to install XBMC XAF with MX PLayer and subslauncher.....messy and outdated.

Sat side is good and stable.

My advise - look for something else.

Ended up getting one. Got the cams working nice. Had a few issues at the start though. Had to wipe the box and start all over again from scratch. Still trying to get showbox movies to download to USB storage instead of clogging up the internal memory. (Which is very small 1gig).. Not got round to sorting xbmc out yet. Thanks for all the info about the Turkish version. Very interesting.

I have one of these and cant get the cams to work, can you please help me out
Used IpCam and added my details - the server shows as "connected" but still not clearing channels
Checked the server on other boxes and all works fine

Any tips please ?

Make sure you have the correct channels. You'll know if it says (scrambled) on the payed ones if you haven't it says something else.

if you haven't you will have to perform a manual search for the correct channels on the satellite of your choice. Very tedious and time consuming.
once your happy you have the channels. Input the line

Open ipcam v2.4.3.3 app. Depending on which line you have will depend on what protocol you need to select.
Nline is newcamd, cline one of the ccamd protocols etc i think. there is a great tut search on here that walks you through the basics of all that.
select add account put your line in as you would. Select save. Bingo

i will be knocking up a tut for the basics once I've got mine performing as it should. Still teething problems though. So not happy to post a walk through yet.

hope this helps

The box is fixed on 28.2e and I have scanned so I am definitely getting the right channels and the "scrambled" message
The N: line is in and I have set as newcamd so that's right - also it actually says 'connected' on within IpCam - but still shows SCRAMBLED

My IpCam is older than 2.4.3.3 but I have downloaded 2.4.3 to a USB and will try to install that later - although I have still not worked out how to get the APK installer to recognise a USB is inserted yet.

Will try this evening but I am really struggling with it to be honest

I get that from time to time, it says connected but i don't get the channels, it just seems to stop for no reason and so far the only way I've got it working again is a factory restore, although its probably just some corrupted cache somewhere thats the issue.
I've been running IPCAM 2.4.15 for a while and it seems ok so far.

Your USB should recognise no problems, but for ease i use an SD Card with the SAMBA service started, that way i can copy apks across the network to the box and browse to the SD card.

Mixed news

Factory reset and then installed IpCam v2.4.3 from USB and its clearing channels - GREAT

Got XBMC back on eventually but thats a big buggy yet - I think I am getting there
Should it be Frodo 12.2 as when I search in Mashup it just doesn't find anything just a circle and the message "working"?

Any clues ?

Last edited:
Have you got all the channels.... Including setanta ireland and cartoon network and box nation..Mine can never find setanta or box nation.... Cartoon networks gone since moving to another frequency. If you've got them all off 28.2e. Download the bin file to USB and upload to here for sharing.

will save a lot of time

Have you got all the channels.... Including setanta ireland and cartoon network and box nation..Mine can never find setanta or box nation.... Cartoon networks gone since moving to another frequency. If you've got them all off 28.2e. Download the bin file to USB and upload to here for sharing.

will save a lot of time

Not sure how to do that

This is how I find missing channels though inc Setanta Sports

Setup
Channel search
Choose a transponder
Hit Green (edit)
Move mode to ADD
Put in freq of missing channel
Back saves the new transponder
Then scan just that transponder

BINGO !

Got XBMC back on eventually but thats a big buggy yet - I think I am getting there
Should it be Frodo 12.2 as when I search in Mashup it just doesn't find anything just a circle and the message "working"?

Any clues ?

Mashup hasn't worked on my box for a while, tried the Market download version and XAF build, i evert to using IceFilms, Channel1 and Project free TV instead and get all the TV and movies there. This box does not support the official XBMC build so thats probably why it no longer works. You could give the XBMCHUB wizard a go to see if that has any tweaks that fixes it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

will save a lot of time

Not sure how to do that

Setup
Channel search
Choose a transponder
Hit Green (edit)
Move mode to ADD

BINGO !

So i have all the channels and i simply search on the entire 28.2e Satellite, i don't do anything special. Maybe your provider doesn't have the sub?

I'll post the channel.bin file when i am next near the box, currently watching it through Slingplayer in another city so will be another 2 or 3 weeks before i'm able to get it.

If anyone else wants to post their channel.bin file simply go to > Settings > Backup/Restore > Dump channels to USB (something like that from my memory anyway), very easy to do.

I understand now, so do you all run Frodo 12.2?

I want to use the PVR Simple Client Addon but thats not on the options for addons

I have had Mashup working great then I did a factory reset to get IpCam to work again and Mashup started to fail

The box seems very tempremental

---------- Post Merged at 09:10 PM ----------

Mashup hasn't worked on my box for a while, tried the Market download version and XAF build, i evert to using IceFilms, Channel1 and Project free TV instead and get all the TV and movies there. This box does not support the official XBMC build so thats probably why it no longer works. You could give the XBMCHUB wizard a go to see if that has any tweaks that fixes it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

will save a lot of time

Not sure how to do that

Setup
Channel search
Choose a transponder
Hit Green (edit)
Move mode to ADD

BINGO !

So i have all the channels and i simply search on the entire 28.2e Satellite, i don't do anything special. Maybe your provider doesn't have the sub?

I'll post the channel.bin file when i am next near the box, currently watching it through Slingplayer in another city so will be another 2 or 3 weeks before i'm able to get it.
If anyone else wants to post their channel.bin file simply go to > Settings > Backup/Restore > Dump channels to USB (something like that from my memory anyway), very easy to do.

I have the channels now, my provider has them all but the box searches preset transponders not a blind scan, the transponder that Setenta for example was not in the list
If you want to list all missing channels then do it - I will find them all and post the file if its so easy so you can use it

Shandeye,
to save your channels and edited channel settings (i.e if you've bothered yet to edit the channels into favourites like sports, kids, movies, delete all the rubbish stuff) do the following.
menu, setup,system upgrade, copy channel data. Plug your USB in and once you have it. No more blind scanning. Whenever you factory reset the box. Go to the same system upgrade menu and select "upgrade channel data from USB"

the problem I have is as follows...
When I try to input the correct frequencies for the channels I'm missing, box cannot find any active transponders even with a nit search. Might be a misaligned dish or dodgy lnb. If I get a guaranteed working list from yourself And they work i can rule the box as the problem right out.
if you can upload it I'd be very thankful . Cheers anyway

Doesn't matter. Went round bro in laws and used his dish to search for channels. Found all the missing ones. Verdict. Either dish misaligned or LNB is goosed

nightmare

I had a real nightmare with the box personally. Basically straight after boot screen I get an error message that box is not responding /stopped working. I can press okay but message just keeps coming back. Cannot get in to factory reinstall or anything. Only thing I feel I could do is re flash the box with firmware. But can I find firmware anywhere for this box???? No. So its lying in a box after all of 4 weeks use. Disgusted. Still searching net periodically for firmware

any help greatly appreciated. Have emailed and phoned the company. No response zero zilch

I've had the same thing countless times with this box but i found a fix and i have the firmware (which i will try and post on this site).

try this, boot the box and hold down either the Yellow button or Blue button on the remote, i can't remember which one does what but they will present you with either a Restore to factory default or firmware upgrade screen.

Let me know how you get on, i don't have the firmware handy right this mo but I've got it on my NAS.

I don't use this box anymore simply because it doesn't support subtitles on XBMC and i had to keep fixing it every few weeks, may be of use in a guest bedroom one day......

I'm looking for an alternative, i found an unbranded box on ebay based on mbox firmware but it is FTA only. Tried the Skybox AS100 which bricked and skybox now removed from sale (because the firmware was so bad). So at the mo I have an MX for XBMC & a Skybox F5 for Satellite, two solid boxes but looking for a one box does all.

Yeah, I sacked the whole attempt to have xbmc and satellite in one box. Ended up with 2 separate boxes again. Mediaartultra 7 lying boxed due to this error message issue not getting past the boot. but If I could get it to factory reset thatd be great as I could sell it on. Ill try out the suggestion youve made. If that fails and you could get me the firmware id be very grateful as Its just a huge paperweight at the mo.

I've had the same thing countless times with this box but i found a fix and i have the firmware (which i will try and post on this site).

try this, boot the box and hold down either the Yellow button or Blue button on the remote, i can't remember which one does what but they will present you with either a Restore to factory default or firmware upgrade screen.

Let me know how you get on, i don't have the firmware handy right this mo but I've got it on my NAS.

I don't use this box anymore simply because it doesn't support subtitles on XBMC and i had to keep fixing it every few weeks, may be of use in a guest bedroom one day......

I'm looking for an alternative, i found an unbranded box on ebay based on mbox firmware but it is FTA only. Tried the Skybox AS100 which bricked and skybox now removed from sale (because the firmware was so bad). So at the mo I have an MX for XBMC & a Skybox F5 for Satellite, two solid boxes but looking for a one box does all.

turn the box on with your finger on the red button the remote . Keep it pressed until a blue dos menu comes up. Choose to erase and then reset to factory condition. There is a 4 number sequence Apparently on the update menu to choose which firmware version to load. But I've never had to change that and sounds like you can't get to the settings menu anyway

Back