Medion Akoya E5211 Notebook Laptop

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

My brother has a Medion Akoya E5211 Notebook Laptop running on windows vista - the sound quality seems quite low even when its on 100% - is there a way to make the sound louder? Maybe update the drivers or something? Or would i need to like get him to buy a sound card for his laptop to improve the sound quality?

The sound on the laptop should be higher - to me its really poor - must be some way in getting it to run higher - even googling around doesn't even bring much up.

thanks in advance

Drivers are available here.

Code:
http://www.medion.com/gb/service/start/_search.php?groupID=1&groupName=Laptop

Although when clicking on your laptop it states nothing found, (you may have to register for it to show).

Right click my computer - properties - expand all, check any yellow question marks ? and try and update drivers via windows update i.e go online.

Does he have a disc with the lappy, has he tried to extract the driver from there? not working........

If no yellow question mark it's basically just shit and you need to add something better, the sound is what it is unless you have the incorrect OS on the lappy that have no drivers for it.

Remember it is a "Medion Akoya" it's a pile of crap......

You get what you pay for.

Drivers are available here.

Code:
http://www.medion.com/gb/service/start/_search.php?groupID=1&groupName=Laptop

Although when clicking on your laptop it states nothing found, (you may have to register for it to show).

Right click my computer - properties - expand all, check any yellow question marks ? and try and update drivers via windows update i.e go online.

Does he have a disc with the lappy, has he tried to extract the driver from there? not working........

If no yellow question mark it's basically just shit and you need to add something better, the sound is what it is unless you have the incorrect OS on the lappy that have no drivers for it.

will check that link out HT - the OS is pre-installed and the driver disk has been installed - its always just seemed low - but brother said it was louder before.. will have to check the drivers if it has the Yellow exclamation mark - if he needs a better sound card what would you recommend?

UPDATE: No drivers or software at all on that website - very strange! Even tried updating it through device manager comes back as this is the best driver installed for the sound. :(

Last edited:
Back