mgcamd constantly needs restarting

mickmac

When my solo 2 boots up everything is fine FTA and other channels working.
However everytime i watch fta channels for an hour or so and then go back to the other channels the picture is black. If I go to the softcam manager it's ticked (green) and says mgcamd is active but the black picture remains until I click restart cam. I'm using vix and it is set to auto start.

I've tried uninstalling 1.38 and installing 1.35 but the same thing happens. Any Ideas ?

This can happen when watching FTA channels for along time Also some servers if not on a paid channel put the line in a sleep mode rebooting cam wakes it up

this would tell me your server does have keepalive on
means when you gto from paid to fta for a time, it kicks you of the server

"this would tell me your server does have keepalive on
means when you gto from paid to fta for a time, it kicks you of the server"

This would make sense and it ain't a problem for me, but during the day my dad (79) is in the house all day whilst I'm at work and there's no way I can let him loose in the system menu. What would you suggest I do ?

ask your line person for help
there is a way via cws, to keep it on, but i forgot the line to enter, prob on here somewhere

its like cws = keepalive 1 but look about

newcamd.list
Code:
[FONT=verdana]CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]CWS = 0.0.0.0 00000 dummy.dummy.com 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14[/FONT]

The first line - CWS_KEEPALIVE sets the time in seconds after which the emulator MgCamd verifies connection to the server for car***aring spelled out in the port settings. Apply in the case of using NAT router, which disconnects inactive connections or when you open encrypted channels after the transition from open to them.

Last edited:
newcamd.list
Code:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 0.0.0.0 00000 dummy.dummy.com 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14

The first line - CWS_KEEPALIVE sets the time in seconds after which the emulator MgCamd verifies connection to the server for car***aring spelled out in the port settings. Apply in the case of using NAT router, which disconnects inactive connections or when you open encrypted channels after the transition from open to them.

Thanks for this info scoob197, so do i just increase the keepalive to 300 then? Also on my line code at the minute i dont have the port bit? Do i choose a port number say 1100 and add that to the line cose like you put above in yours, then do i open the same port number on my router?

Cheers

newcamd.list
Code:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300

Thanks for this info scoob197, so do i just increase the keepalive to 300 then? Also on my line code at the minute i dont have the port bit? Do i choose a port number say 1100 and add that to the line cose like you put above in yours, then do i open the same port number on my router?

Cheers

That was just copied from another site

I use the
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
and I don't have the issues you speak about
Im not sure if your problem is server side or not but I would try 300 then possibly a lower number like 50, I am guessing a bit because Iv'e never had to alter mine but if the emulator is verifying it is connected more regularly there should be less chance of it dropping off

maybe someone can confirm??

Last edited:
newcamd.list
Code:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300

Cheers

That was just copied from another site

I use the
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
and I don't have the issues you speak about
Im not sure if you problem is server side or not but I would try

Ok fella, ill give it a go when i get home later, cheers though!

sorry I was editing my post when you replied

try a lower number like 50, I am guessing a bit because Iv'e never had to alter mine but if the emulator is verifying it is connected more regularly there should be less chance of it dropping off

Back