MGCamd vs Newcamd

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

I have been messing about with my skybox and I realise that an N line can be entered
into the box via the MGCamd menu, as apposed to using the CCcam menu.

Could somebody who uses the MGCamd setup for an N Line please let me know if there is
any advantage putting the line information into the box in this section of the menu over the CCcam part
of the menu.

Bearing in mind it would be the same line, from the same server, just the info put in,
in a different part of the menu.

Thanks for any help

bees

If the server is good then an nline can run fine in cccam although some do experience the odd glitch.An nline is best used in Mgcamd>newcamd>cccam in that order of priority;)

I have read posts saying that, but was wondering if there was a noticeable difference with the same line
using the different protocol.

I have put it manually in the Mgcamd part of the menu for now and will see if I notice any difference.

If I notice a big difference in service I will post a tutorial on
how to enter it as as newcamd.list file,
but my line is pretty good anyway so I don't know if there will be much difference.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
This is the thing bees.If your line is pretty much spot on in cccam then you may struggle to notice a difference in mgcamd.But they do run better noticable or not in mgcamd.Let me know if you figure the cfg file for newcamd.list.I have tried no end but gave up and entered manually there on.

Yeah, I can do it lol

I will probably put up some full instructions when I get a minute.

the short version is

create a file in notepad called newcamd.list

when you save it save the type as "ALL"

in properties it will show as a LIST file.

When you go to open it you will have to tell your computer to open it with notepad

just like the CCcam.cfg file.

You should then be able to use the update by USB method.

Also change the front end of the line so it reads

CWS = server.com 20000 user123 845795 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

(space either side of the "=" sign)

instead of

N: server.com 20000 user123 845795 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

I have also wondered the same thing myself about putting my N line in another cam. at the moment it's in CCcam, but I might experiment with it in other cams. Like you, my line is fine for most of the time anyway. I get odd times when I get annoying constant glitching on certain channels, so I will have to give it a week or 2 to notice a difference.

My line was good when running on Newcamd, so to be honest
I haven't seen a noticable change in performance.

However, I have started using MGCamd on the lines I have put in
my mates boxes, :dunno:

Last edited:
Thanks bees. I watche one full match with my nline in the CCcam slight picture glitches but about 20 times throughout the game.but sound drops even more! Then tried in the MGcamd and only slightly better. Im guessing it not a good one!? Cheers

Hi bees. Im still using same server.watchin 30 mins into the new v arsnl game and had bout 10 scrambles and 12 audio drops! Pls tell me this is not normal!!!? Can I pm u pls mate.thanks

When you say that you are looking to notice a difference, what kind of difference are we looking at here in the N Line?

Generally, some big footy matches glitch from my server,not too bad but they do glitch, I know more people will be using the server at
these times, so I was just trying to see if MGCamd was any better.

I have read that it can cashe the signal / memory quicker or longer or bigger, if that's the right terminology, so less glitching was the theory ??!!

The line is the same, it's just using a different protocol.

Generally, some big footy matches glitch from my server,not too bad but they do glitch, I know more people will be using the server at
these times, so I was just trying to see if MGCamd was any better.

I have read that it can cashe the signal / memory quicker or longer or bigger, if that's the right terminology, so less glitching was the theory ??!!

The line is the same, it's just using a different protocol.

I see where your coming from. I suppose the service is the same but running off a different port so perhaps access to a protocol that isn't being widely used by others on that server may have meant that you are able to view glitch free footy..

I suppose it does come down to the number of viewing on a specific channel.. Either a fault in the server or the technology.

Thanks for all the info, I have previously only had C: lines and used them in the CCcam I have just purchased box for my son and have been sent a N line.

I will try it in MGcamd and see how it preforms

Not really, I think the general conclusion was that if you have a decent server in the first place
it doesn't really make any noticeable difference in performance if your running MG or Newcamd.

I always do mgcamd setup on boxes i install. During big games i usually had 1 glitch or 2 but with mgcamd i rarely get one. Saying that the server is top notch could just be the server more than the mgcamd setup

Hi thought I would update this post with my own view on newcam v mgcamd. On my vu+ duo2 I have always used newcamd and during big football games do see around 7 glitches during one half. Recently switched to mgcamd using the same provider and during Man Utd v Man City I had only one glitch which lasted 2 seconds during the first half and then what I can only consider a transmission glitch where the picture freezes and immediately comes back on this I have also witnessed on regular sky pay tv..

Watching regular scrambled TV my own conclusion is that mgcamd for me is better and more reliable when compared to newcamd.

My broadband provider is virgin media and I have a 30mb line..

Thanks

Back