miracle box set up, stuck on the plugins

monty45

hi all
trying to set up a miracle box mini I bought of wos a couple of weeks back.i think I have done every thing ok following bees guide but am stuck on the plugin bit. I have factory restored my box so many times to get to this stage after making a mistake I thought add ask for advice.in my plugin menu under softcams I have downloaded the ccam and I think the mg cam but mine said mgcamd but it was only one in the list started mg.its the next bit am confused with when the guide says download the file at bottom of the page does it mean on to my laptop and if yes do I need fileziller as well as I don't think I have that on my laptop but I googled it and found it.also if I do manage to get this bit done I have seen people saying a test line plz. is this as it sounds a line to make sure ever things working b4 u pay subs for a line. I hope some one can give me some advice coz I been stuck at this point 4 days now

Last edited:
Hi,

First you need to check what cams are loaded on your box, after a factory reset the cams can still be loaded.

If they don't appear in the plugin list they are probably still loaded from previous attempts

On your remote

Menu - Setup - Softcam CI - Softcam Manager

You should see a list of cams, to keep things simple you need Mg Camd 1.38 or 1.35a in the list.

Next download filezilla "client version" to your laptop.

Download the zipped file at the bottom of the guide, unzip it.

You should now have two files "mg_cam" and "newcamd.list"

Transfer both files to the box using filezilla as per the guide

When they are transferred to Usr/Keys right click on newcamd.list and use open/edit

Paste in your line details.

Change the front end of the line from N: to CWS=

Activate the cam from your remote.

A test line is usually a 24hr "try before you buy" type line.

If you are still stuck be as specific as possible in your next post about what you have done
so far and the answers you get will be more accurate.

hi bees thanks for the help .I have just looked and I have 6 listed ccam2.09 ccam2.2.1 ccam2.3.0 mgcamd 1.35a mgcamd1.38 and a one newcs I think I pressed by mistake .they say active at the topof the page so is it a problem having more than the 2 in the guide and if yes how do I get rid of them and start again if a factory restart has not deleted them.also each on has a box at the side and select next to them. do I need to select the ones in yoir guide

You can have lots of cams loaded on your box, it's not an issue.

You can only run one at a time.

If they are active it will say

Active: and the name of the cam

If they are not active it will just say Active: then no name is shown.

You will also have a start / stop button at the bottom of the page.

You need to transfer the two files which are zipped from the bottom of the guide first

Then go back to the cams menu

Select Mg Camd 1.38

Green Button - Start

Blue Button - Enable Start Up

to be honest i would reflash and start afresh.just use softcam mgcamd 1.38 from plugins if using a nline.

ok thanks for the help and advice, I just got in from work so wont try it tonight as my heads puddled but I will go through it again another night.
again cheers for the help bees much appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ----------
cactikid
when u say just use the mgcamd is that because mine is a single tuner and only does cable

Last edited:
Back