Miraclebox running VIX won't connect to the internet

bees

VIP Member
Hi, this is my first E2 box running VIX, so i'm just getting
my head around things, I am led to believe the image is more important
than the box so I guess I have the same or similar menus as the VU guys.

I have started to set up my box but have got stuck.

I have scanned in sat and cable channels but can't get it to connect to the net.

This is what I have been doing

Menu - Setup - System - Network - Device Setup - Network Wizard

User interface and DHCP both set to yes.

Getting a message "your internet connection is not working"

I was connected off homeplugs, then I connected directly to the router to rule them out.

Changed ethernet cables even though they definitely work on other devices.

Re booted box and router a number of times

Ran the network test, comes back with a tick for Lan Adaptor and DHCP, the rest fail.

I thought this was supposed to assign an IP address to the box ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

The box hasn't got an IP assigned to it.

I am beginning to think I have a faulty ethernet connection at the box.

Should I get any flashing lights at the connection when the cable is plugged in ?

It is currently running apollo 26

Any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers

bees

How do I do that ?

The router will run a blade and amiko box so I doubt it is at the router end

Last edited:
Router settings all vary by model. Google your model of router for the details.
You could also try using the network setup wizard to see if that helps.

Menu - Setup - System - Network - Device Setup - Network Wizard

That's what I have been doing, on the initial boot it didn't connect, so I went back through the menus after scanning for channels to try and run it again.

I have spoken to them at the shop and they are going to test it there for me.

Thanks for the reply

Hi Bee When i set my miraclebox twin up it set up first time with the network wizard. My box at the lan input has a constant orange light light and a green light which flashes every second.

bees their was a few problems with appollo 26 all sorts of issues build 28 now seems more stable and build 26 should be a clean flash
I don't think that is your problem though but it definatley better to install latest image, as stated loads of probs with 26

Ok, thanks for the replys, definitely no lights flashing at the connection,

All my other boxes flash at that port so I thought it may be dodgy.

I noticed built 28 is out now, maybe they will send me a box back with that version on.

Ok thanks I am still a novice at these boxes and don't really
know about all the addons etc.

Will wait for the shop to report back then update to 28 if they
don't put it on.

I cannot see the firmware stopping the connection to your network. most likley a fault with the enthernet port.

I've got Apollo build 026 on my box having no problems with it. Tell you what I do like with this box is the Open Webif specially with the twin tuners the wife can be watching one channel and I can stream what ever channel I want to laptop or Pc and watch it.

My box as two S2 sat tuners not cable at the mo, But the turners are swappable on this box. if you want to use it for cable, are you can have one sat and one cable setup.

I have just unboxed my miraclebox p u hybrid, I have a vix team image,
I have connected my working VM cable to tuner A and have not got anything in B or C,
I am looking in the manual and following the steps, I have a network lan connection.
But I just can't get no FTA channels at all, any help would be greatly appreciated, I thought I new a basics of how to put in a cable box but this has become an absolute nightmare.

is this the Miraclebox Premium Ultra you have got. which tuners have you got on the box. have you got 3 or just 2.

Yes i have the miraclebox premium hybrid ultra it has three tuners, and 1 Tb built in hard drive, I have got internet connection, I have a VM line, and vix image, but can't get any channels,

Back