Miraclebox virgin auto bouquet maker issue with timeout lock

gavh

Hi,
I have the box setup and all my channels found. I just can't for the life of me get them to arrange into logical categories. I've followed a lot of guides online and tried everything spending hours on this but I still get "timeout for tuner lock" when trying to start scan on the abm menu. I've got epg settings correct I'm sure and have been focussing on crossepg and have rytec virgin ticked. I can download and parse the epg information ok, it just doesn't show up in categories when I select epg. Has anyone got any ideas?

I have the box setup and all my channels found. I just can't for the life of me get them to arrange into logical categories

Put the box on any channel.

Press FAV button, you should get a list of Sports, Films, Kids Etc.

Select a group and press ok so a channel shows for the group.

Press EPG, you will get the EPG for the channels in that group.

OK again will switch to that channel.

I have the box setup and all my channels found. I just can't for the life of me get them to arrange into logical categories

Put the box on any channel.

Press FAV button, you should get a list of Sports, Films, Kids Etc.

Select a group and press ok so a channel shows for the group.

Press EPG, you will get the EPG for the channels in that group.

OK again will switch to that channel.

Cheers but when I press fav I only get two options, favourites which is empty and "last scanned" which is alphabetical order.

I'm pretty sure I have seen it but can you send me a link?

I've tried a few more things tonight but still just get tuner lock. I read on another website someone having similar issue because the abm is using a different input so I tried changing the order so it would force dbm-c but I've only got a single input in my box as its a hybrid. It accepts sat as well but I'm just using coax cable. The provider id was also 00000 so I changed that to be Knowsley 2 but it didn't make a difference. I still had all the channels before I changed it from 00000, I just thought I'd give it a go but still no logical categories for tv.

I'm picking up all regions channels eg BBC 1 NI, is that normal or could it be related?

I have bought the miracle mini box. My son set it up for me late last night. All seemed to work. Now I can only get a few FTA channels I have checked with my line supplier and all is well. I did turn off the main plug when I finished last night. Thanks for any help.

---------- Post Merged at 02:11 PM ----------

I have bought the miracle mini box. My son set it up for me late last night. All seemed to work. Now I can only get a few FTA channels I have checked with my line supplier and all is well. I did turn off the main plug when I finished last night. Thanks for any help.

Back