Monoblock settimgs

Hi can anyone help me with the monoblock settings in a h2h.
Set up vermin on a frrinds h2h. He has a ver old disused satellite conection to and old dish with a monoblock. I tested the line with my meter and . Astra1 and hotbird co.ming through clearly on my meter and the c line in the box opens networks on both sats. Ive co figured tuner A on advance settings and used diseqc 1.0 and tried swapping round the sat inputs ie tried astra botb on input A and B and hot bird vis versa but not picking up anything. Should i be using tone burst settings. By the way im running wooshbuild 7.
Any help much appreciated

I think you are on the right track i think you needs the tone burst to flick between one sat and the other.

SET DISEQC ON ALL THE TIME , I think its diseqc on channel change only - no
set tuner A [ if thats the tuner you are using ] for 28e & 19e , you need expert mode in tuner config, iirc
or, dont selct any sats, set to auto
then you need to figure out which sat is port 1 and which is port 2 [ trial and error ]
use abm to select providers
use abm to scan
if you wait 20mins I can double check this, my box is set up for 28 19 & 13
I'm just busy right now

tuner config >
config mode - simple
mode - A/B
port A - 19.2 [?]
port B - 13.0 [?]
set voltage - yes
diseqc only on change - no

thats on OpenViX , although I'd imagine its fairly similar on whoosh

EDIT : what meter are you using that can differentiate the sats.?

I've read your post again, it doesnt make sense,
if its a monoblock, then both sats are on one cable, so you cant have 19 on one input, and 13 on a different one,,,,,,,, :confused:

I've read your post again, it doesnt make sense,
if its a monoblock, then both sats are on one cable, so you cant have 19 on one input, and 13 on a different one,,,,,,,, :confused:

Thanks for that your complety right. Let me rephrase my query.
I have tuner A set to advance then ive set Lnb1 for astra 1 and Lnb2 for hotbird and vise versa. Thinking there might be an internal diseqc switch in the monoblock. However your reply has made me think different . Im now thinking those old monoblocks most likely switched through toneburst. Something im not familiar with. But an earlier reply to my question i think may have pointed me in the right direction together with your reply.
Im using OpenATV 6.1 withwooshbuild 7 image.
So far ive succesfully set up a Friend with 6 LNBs together with vermin alll on a h2h. 28E/23E/19E/13E/4.8E/0.8W.
Using a 4way diseqc and a2way diseqc both going into a spaun 1.1 diseqc and i got the Lnb configuration set in the box correctly on the first atempt.
And Im using a old zgemma H1 and a vu solo 2 Se v2 both set up with vermin and 4lnbs 28E/23E/19E/13E. Also simply set up but this old monoblock has got me confusef.
Thanks everyone for your inputs.
Ill give it another try and report back

I have tuner A set to advance then ive set Lnb1 for astra 1 and Lnb2 for hotbird and vise versa. Thinking there might be an internal diseqc switch in the monoblock. However your reply has made me think different . Im now thinking those old monoblocks most likely switched through toneburst. Something im not familiar with. But an earlier reply to my question i think may have pointed me in the right direction together with your reply.
So far ive succesfully set up a Friend with 6 LNBs together with vermin alll on a h2h. 28E/23E/19E/13E/4.8E/0.8W.
Using a 4way diseqc and a2way diseqc both going into a spaun 1.1 diseqc and i got the Lnb configuration set in the box correctly on the first atempt.
And Im using a old zgemma H1 and a vu solo 2 Se v2 both set up with vermin and 4lnbs 28E/23E/19E/13E. Also simply set up but this old monoblock has got me confusef.

Success using simple configuration A/B wor
tuner config >
config mode - simple
mode - A/B
port A - 19.2 [?]
port B - 13.0 [?]
set voltage - yes
diseqc only on change - no

thats on OpenViX , although I'd imagine its fairly similar on whoosh

EDIT : what meter are you using that can differentiate the sats.?

THANKS Steptoe. These settings worked for me

Back