Motor Problems - solo 4k doesn't turn the motor

sagytb

Hi all,

I have a solo 4k with motorized satellite dish and openpli 6 image.

LNB is working perfect, but it is not possible to move the dish to different sat\location.

It seems that there is not enough voltage comes out from the solo 4k box to the motor, i can't change location manually or by the receiver.

I connected sat finder directly to the motor and i it is possible to change dish location manually or with sat finder commands - the sat finder provide enough voltage.

the dish located +- 50 meters from the receiver.

Any advice?

I m thinking of buying a new box that support motorized dish - any recomendations?

Hi all,

I have a solo 4k with motorized satellite dish and openpli 6 image.

LNB is working perfect, but it is not possible to move the dish to different sat\location.

It seems that there is not enough voltage comes out from the solo 4k box to the motor, i can't change location manually or by the receiver.

I connected sat finder directly to the motor and i it is possible to change dish location manually or with sat finder commands - the sat finder provide enough voltage.

the dish located +- 50 meters from the receiver.

Any advice?

I m thinking of buying a new box that support motorized dish - any recomendations?
Check your plugins to download. Do you see a plugin called equipmentmotorcontrol or something along those words? If so, download it to your box, and change the plugin settings to 0 or near minimal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Check your plugins to download. Do you see a plugin called equipmentmotorcontrol or something along those words? If so, download it to your box, and change the plugin settings to 0 or near minimal.

I found it under "system plugins" and after installation, I can't find this plugin.
Please advice

Around 50 metre cable run is quite a lot - are you using high quality cable? (WF100 etc.)

Have you ever had it working on your receiver?

Does the lights light up on the motor when it's connected to the box?

Around 50 metre cable run is quite a lot - are you using high quality cable? (WF100 etc.)

Have you ever had it working on your receiver?

Does the lights light up on the motor when it's connected to the box?
It was working and once in a while it stuck.
now it is stuck.
with saterlite finder i can move the dish from the same point as the reciver

Are you unplugging the wire from the receiver and plugging it into the satfinder to move it or are you using a shorter piece of cable when you connect the satfinder?

Are you unplugging the wire from the receiver and plugging it into the satfinder to move it or are you using a shorter piece of cable when you connect the satfinder?
nplugging the wire from the receiver and plugging it into the satfinder directly

Tuner Settings.

what parameter to change?
xt9zr

xt9zr
http://imgur.com/a/xt9zr

Go to Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration, Select your Tuner, and go To Increased Voltage to Yes.
eb34f594703179df83f6271791cab7fb.jpg

I'd recommend a minimum of WF100 which is a high quality double screened cable with a copper core, plain copper first screen and plain copper braiding (40%).

I was initially thinking the cable could have degraded over time and the receiver can't send enough power through to the motor to drive it but if it's exactly the same cable you're using for the satfinder, I'd say this is unlikely and maybe more of a setup issue with the receiver but i'm not really familiar with this brand i'm afraid so my knowledge is limited :(

I'd recommend a minimum of WF100 which is a high quality double screened cable with a copper core, plain copper first screen and plain copper braiding (40%).

I was initially thinking the cable could have degraded over time and the receiver can't send enough power through to the motor to drive it but if it's exactly the same cable you're using for the satfinder, I'd say this is unlikely and maybe more of a setup issue with the receiver but i'm not really familiar with this brand i'm afraid so my knowledge is limited :(
I have done some reading over the net, every one recomended at list on RG-11 cable.
What brand r u using?

RG6 is about as good a cable as you can get for TV
but, due to cost, I mostly use RG59 , its good enough tbh
my own place is done in mostly RG59A and CT100 shotgun, one of my runs is probably 35m+ and is done in CT100 shotgun

the one most important factor is this,
do NOT use CCS or CCA cable, its copper coated steel/aluminium, and its crap.! :poop:

Back