Motorised dish problems

gap30

Can anyone advise me on best way forward

Was given a 90cm dish, technomate Tm2300 motor and TM-2 Gold LNB

Have been trying to set it up today

I need to set the motor to 0 degrees to get it aligned correctly

Problem is if i go into positioner setup i cannot get the motor to move left or right (it does not budge), gotoX/0 not working either

Manual buttons not working either on the motor - have tried the reset button as well on the motor

If i try to move it east or west manually it just cuts power to the motor

The only time i can get the LED working on the motor is if i go to signal finder, or scan

Have tried simple and advanced setup, problem is i am screwed until i get the motor to 0 degrees so i can align it

I have looked on the back of the box and it shows 12v 3amp supply yet the supply cable is rated at 12v 2amp - does the unit have enough current to power the motor?

First time i have done this so could be 'user error' but looking at various guides it seems the 'simple' setup in tuner config is pretty straight forward

help please?

There is an option on various images to supply extra voltage to the motor you could try click that.

^ yes looked at that but apparently that is just regards horizontal channels 13v/18v

I have tried to do a bit of reading on this today

Is the motor installed with dish, is there an option to use a shorter cable to see if you can get the motor to move?

I know you used the reset button is that the little one on the motor? Did you use the east west buttons on the motor? I think you have tried this but not sure

yes but the only way i can get power to the motor (or at least the LED to illuminate is via signal finder or scan)

once i press to move east (on the motor itself) it moves for a micro second then light disappears

i then have to exit signal finder and re-enter and the LED will light again

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

hi bud what area are you in i might be able to help

Liverpool

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 PM ----------

The plot thickens: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/88787-zgemma-h2s-motor-setting.html

Update: dropped the dish this morning and tried with 2m of cable attached

Could manually move the dish east and west via button on the motor and reset it back to zero degrees

Still the only way i could get the LED on the motor to illuminate is using signal finder or scan

Positioner settings ie 'move west' would still not work

Purchased a 3.5a power supply and did not really notice a difference

Cable is RG6 so last throw of the dice is going to be install CT100

Other than that i am stumped

Did you set the receiver up from scratch or did someone else have it previously? On enigma 2 images you can set east/west limits maybe someone has set these before. Have you put your longitude and lat into the positioner menu? When I set up my own dish usually motor is set to 0 then put it on the mount and use a compass to set as close to 0 as possible. Next use receiver to switch to a channel on 1w such as bbc world this will turn the dish to 1west and then peak the dish on there. Try making sure tuner b is set to not configured and reboot box.

Yes i only purchased the box a few weeks ago, i used bioheads image for cable only

currently trying with an openvix image

Latitude: 53.4618°
Longitude: -2.9659°

I enter into box lat: 053.461 long: 002.965

what i cant workout is why the box wont manually move the box east or west in positioner setup/goto 0/X

Could you do a backup of your box for me to try? (obivously delete you line details)

Sorry mate I don't have you box. I have many boxs including the solo 4k but no zgamma. This is going to be the dafest question ever but your box does have a satellite tuner fitted?? You mentioned cable earlier do you have both tuners?

I did not think vix supported zgammer as its a clone vu box?? Maybe that could be an issue.

Last edited:
Sorry mate not sure how I can help any further other than to say try something like openatv on your box. Set up from scratch and follow the guides. I would not put your dish up until your can get it moving on the ground. Just one last thing have you tried selecting a channel on any other satellite or have you been trying to move the dish via the satellite finder/positioner? Also why note take a screen shot of your screen where you have set the tuner config up. You can do this by putting yours box's ip into your computers broswer then add /grab example 192.168.0.5/grab if it does not work try 192.168.0.5:grab

Last edited:
Ok upgraded cable to webro wf100 total length 13m of cable

still no joy

Dug out my skybox F5S and motor/dish functioning fine, searches for sats and finds channels

H2H motor not moving, baffled

I have messed about with so much, is there a way to get the box back to its stock image and delete everything

Current setup - Biohead image, have installed catseye channel list, upgraded satellite.xml, installed ccam 2.30 (not sure if i had to do this), installed cross EPG

Not sure why one crappy box can power/move motor/dish yet this box doesnt

And i am not ruling out its something i have or haven't done but obviously a little frustrated atm

Back