Movin House - advice needed please

Junkmanuk

Hi

Im moving in to a new property in a couple of weeks and have stumbled across this forum and zgemma boxes

As i know nothing about these i need help

What id love to do is replace my excisting virgin package and just have a internet deal with a zgemma box in the lounge but must have record playback functions and another box in the bedroom multi room

I could take my excisting package with me as it runs out in 3 months time so i know there is a line there for £20

There is also wiring for sky sat

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Ps i also have iptv on a Apple Fire Tv but its abit hit or miss

Also what zgemma boxes would u recommend ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Why limit yourself to Zgemma?
There are plenty of bargains about at the moment.
There's still about 100 channels that will clear on satellite and a combi box will let you have cable as well and also IPTV if you want.

Why limit yourself to Zgemma?
There are plenty of bargains about at the moment.
There's still about 100 channels that will clear on satellite and a combi box will let you have cable as well and also IPTV if you want.

Thanks for your reply as i said im new to all this so what would u recommend?

Thanks

Depends what you want to spend really. I'm biased because I'm a ViX user and they don't support Zgemma.
Nothing wrong with Zgemmas though. The H5.2TC is probably the best all rounder on a budget.

Depends what you want to spend really. I'm biased because I'm a ViX user and they don't support Zgemma.
Nothing wrong with Zgemmas though. The H5.2TC is probably the best all rounder on a budget.

Thanks

Would i be able to multi stream from a H5.2TC to kodi and if so would i be able to change channels on kodi without changing the channels on the H5.2TC ?
Thanks

There's an enigma2 plugin in Kodi to allow you to stream from a spare tuner on the E2 box.
You would be able to channels no problem provided there is a free tuner.

There's an enigma2 plugin in Kodi to allow you to stream from a spare tuner on the E2 box.
You would be able to channels no problem provided there is a free tuner.
Thanks

Can u recommend a box with 3 tuners so I can watch 2 programs and record another

Thanks

The H5.2TC has 2 cable tuners and one satellite and is a very decent box for not a lot of money.
If you want more bells and whistles such as Kodi and PiP and 4K then the prices are probably double the price of a H5.

I used to stream channels from my zgemma h2s, h32tc and the kind of experience you get when streaming channels to kodi depends on the device you are using, my android box for example in my bedroom if I try to stream on kodi from that, the sd channels are fine but hd channels the sound is always out of sync, but if I do it say on my gaming pc everything is perfect. If you are planning on using kodis enigma2 plugin its best to create a boquet with your favourite channels in it and load that only otherwise it will try and load the tv guide for all the channels which takes ages and leave the plugin in limbo until its done or even worse it seizes up and you have to quit kodi and load it again.

Back