Moving channels on BM5000

Jolly Roger

Can someone explain how to move a channel from one Favourite category to another. If I press the right/left curser when on a channel, it turns to yellow. I think this must have something to do with it, but I cannot work out what to do next.

You can move the channels up and down a list or between the different groups.

Email blade media and they will send you some instructions, they are very helpful.

I had them but seem to have deleted their reply and I can't remember how to do it lol

It seemed pretty straight forward from what I can remember but i never got around to trying it out,
if you get them post them on this thread lol

Here is the reply I have had from Blade. The instructions seem to work, but I found that once the channel is in a new category, it cannot be viewed. No idea why this should be, but would be interested to hear from anyone else who has tried this. Incidentally, to identify which icon is which, you will find that for the category selected, the icon will be highlighted for that group.

Select MENU>> TV CHANNEL>> TV CHANNEL EDITOR

Press F1 to alternate between showing the full satellite list and just a FAV group (in your case show all satellite list)

Now find the channel that you want to add or remove (you will see heart icon next to a channel that is already in a FAV group) and highlight it.

With the channel highlighted by the yellow bar, press FAV

Now you will see a row of icons (16) for each FAV group, eg. music note, shopping, etc.

Simply select or deselect any of these icons to add or remove a channel from its corresponding FAV group. Each icon is a FAV group, ie. 1 to 16.

When finished, press EXIT and SAVE.

Not an expert but i note on the BM website there is now a channel sorting pc tool which looks useful. Havent tried it as im a newbie blade user so still finding my way..

Anyone figured out how to use the channel sorting pc tool yet? I have it downloaded but where am i supposed to get the ssu to edit the channels?

Back