Moving from Sly to Virmin

gimpboy69

After my zGemma h2s gift recently went off, like everyone else, I;ve decided to go the cable route.
I hav e few questions though before I take the plunge.
My gift supplier has told me he'll upgrade my remaining term to cable (for some more money).
I have virgin fibre broadband internet coming in to my house but no tv.
I used to get tv from them so still have a box inside with a splitter connected but only one cable going to my virgin router (which was connected to my h2s via lan cable).
If I buy a zGemma h5.2tc, can I record one channel while watching another or would a standard H5 do (only £2 difference)?
What cable(s) would I need to connect to the box (single or double, with another splitter)?
Does it connect to the f-connector??
Will I get TV even though I don't get any TV package from virgin?
Or should I just get a H2h or H2 (£11 difference) cable version.
The recording one channel while watching another isn't a REAL deal breaker but if there's a soap on while I'm watching something the missus will make my life hell....
Does it run the same software? I was using wooshbuild and found this perfectly acceptable.
Is the config the same? c-line, mgcam or ccam etc.
Sorry for all the questions but the wife is kicking up a stink about the loss of all the channels.
Thanks in advance

if the box is twin cable tuners then yes view one record another and split wire with a 5-1000 mhz splitter.

You need a 5.2tc to record while watching another channel. The h5/h2h only has one tuner.
It's a single cable from your splitter to the box regardless of the box you buy. and yes f connector. Look for wf100 or ct100 coax if you buy one ready made or do yourself
Yes, you should be able to scan for channels ok.
Imo the 5.2tc is worth getting over the other two you mention h5/h2h because of the recording
Wooshbuild is available on the 5.2tc (and the h2h/h5)
Config is the same

gimpboy69 liking the avatar :grin::(y)::) as for cable ste tutorial says it all :(y)::(y):

Back