Multiple MACs on a MAGBOX

loncell

TK Veteran
A recently acquired a magbox 256W2 off a friend for free, he was throwing it out as it's sub had ran out and he didn't need it.

Is it possible to run multiple MACs on it similar to what the STB EMU app allows you to do ? Or stupid as it may seem, install STB EMU so I can ?

Mags are static mac address can't be changed if my memory serves me right I think you can have 2 portals on one box have a search on Google and you will find the right answer to your question

as far as I’m aware you can’t have multiple MAC address but you can change it to whatever you want in the settings

I already have a mag with 2 subs. I normally plug/unplug around the house when footballs on. Because I got it for free I thought, if I could clone the MAC the subs are tied to somehow (like you can in STB EMU) onto the new box it would just save me a few quid.
I have read on here about SW for portals and flashing up MAG boxes but I'm not sure if that's to allow you to install apps as such

Get a android box put on stbemu and use the same mac address as your mag. Saves you moving the box around all the time.

Back