HD51 4K Mutant HD51 Satellite Box

obwales

Hi All,

I've just received this box. It's has Open ATV build on it but I can't get it to connect to a server using the mgcamd file I've got.

The file is named as newcamd.list

795979b1e41e8d02b2e6f0b17a2bd2b1.jpg

That is the keys folder on the box. I placed the newcamd.list file in there.

Then I went to softcam panel and downloaded mgcamd 1.38 Cam and then I activate that.

Restarted box and still only FTA channels and no connection to server as seller has confirmed this.

Tested the newcamd.list on my zgemma and it connected immediately so that's eliminated any issues with the gift code.

Also no internet connection issues as I can access the box via FTP as it's got an IP address.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Owain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usually one set up box by plugins first downloading mgcamd1.38.
looks like you only set 1 file to usr/keys =newcamd.list?
on vix 2 files are sent to usr/keys like mg_cfg ? your date is old suggesting not done?

i think you will find this needs oscam

Hi,

I've tried with Oscam. Edit oscam server file with relevant details and download Oscam ATV Emu plugin but no joy at all.

Can I put whooshbuild on these boxes? Make life much easier not keen on open ATV at all. :(

im running mine on open vix with oscam

Hi, I've seen several posts saying Oscam works great with Vix. But seems very hit and miss trying to use it with ATV.

So I've given up and thought I'd try mgcamd.

Just downloaded a mg_cfg file and see how that goes. Fingers crossed

Oscam is working fine on my openatv zgemma's with no issues at all. Now I have said that they will go belly up you see lol

Hi, I've seen several posts saying Oscam works great with Vix. But seems very hit and miss trying to use it with ATV.

did you set (atv oscam) reader up like this:

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

did you set (atv oscam) reader up like this:

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Yes exactly like this but with the server details I've got

Okay So I've folowed these instructions

*********UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS IN POST #45************

Just for anybody else interested here is how I got Oscam running on ATV

Download and install oscam atv emu, make it your active cam and restart it in menu, info panel, softcam panel

use filezilla or your FTP program of choice and go to USR folder, then KEYS folder, in there you will see oscam_atv....open this and look for oscam.server

I then dragged oscam.server to my desktop to be able to edit with notepad++ I then deleted all the details in there and pasted in one of my own readers, saved it and then sent it back to the box, overwriting when prompted.

I then restarted oscam on the box and bingo

I hope that helps folks

---------- Post Merged at 03:44 PM ----------

Here is an example reader if needed, if you want to add more lines then just change the label = TV1 to Tv2, TV3 etc..

If copying and pasting thie reader make sure you copy the top line too (reader)

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

*** Obviously put my server details in etc.

So I've then gone back to my sat box, blue button, softcam, softcam panel, changed no cam to oscam_atv, refresh.

Says connected I exit out of there and then only FTA channels still available. So I navigated back to softcam panel and it's back to no cam. I don't seem to be able to get it to save the oscam_atv cam?

What am I doing wrong? arghhhhhhhhhhh

Just for the benefit of others, if you're struggling to set up your oscam file with your line details, google "cccam to oscam converter" and there's a program that converts it and allows you to copy and paste (or even just save the details as a file) ready to go.

I gave up with open ATV and reflashed the box with Open Vix and I got Oscam to work with no hassle at all.

I gave up with open ATV and reflashed the box with Open Vix and I got Oscam to work with no hassle at all.

Well done for getting it working

Sometimes I find it takes a particular combination of cam and image to get certain boxes running
Especially ARM processors my understanding is cccam and mgcamd cams dont run

Last edited:
Back