MXQ box and vpn performance

Hi All

I stupidly bought a mxq box without doing much research but saying that apart from having a little bit more ram the box is not all that bad. I have an account with a geo unblocker for netflix which aslo came with a vpn so I set it up and got primewire and icefilms working. I have done a speedtest and the vpn connection is around 1mb/s so not great for streaming. I have had a look online and there isn't much information on what speed connection is recommended for good streaming. There seems to be many suggesting to use vpn from PIA but it is almost like paid advertising so not really sure.
The box works fine and once a stream is up and running it is fine but only if I don't rewind, pause or forward, the minute you try that it just goes back to the list of sources and then is hard to get it to continue from where it left off.

So I have a few questions

1) what vpn performance should I aim for and which vpn service is recommended (I currently have smartdnsproxy)
2) which country is best to connect to as US is some distance and a closer link might give better performance
3) If I access primewire via a website on my pc or iphone I can open streams fine without a vpn so why does the kodi with primewire channel need a vpn
4) have read about a add on that tweaks kodi to minimise buffering but is it better to get a box with more ram and therefore more space to cache content
5) The mxq box came preloaded, is it best to wipe all the apps (many I don't use) and just install kodi and the channels I want?

Thanks

Sully

Have a few of these boxes now , have found the mx111 box to be best , first off it has 2gb ram , where other versions of mx has only 1gb , and the extra does make a difference , also it best to skin down the box to the addons you want to keep , does in prove box performance, I only keep around 10 addons 3 for films 3 for sport, and 3 for tv/box sets and found the boxes run a lot smoother .........

Hey paulie

Do you use a vpn and if so who with and which country do you connect to.
I have pheonix, Genesis, showbox and icefilms do you recommend any others. The box is just going to be used for series and films

Thanks

Hunga don't use vpn , I have the mxbox setup so it gives all I need , have a vu dou 2 for tv setup with line , genesis not been updated , the Dev now has his own addon to replace it called exedus
Go to the Xbmc section in the forums , I have a couple of links for footie , and exedus
Cheers ........

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Hi paulie

I do have primewire but it only works via vpn, I am with sly fibre not sure if it's is blocked

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 PM ----------

Thanks for the heads up on exodus, had woody on pheonix for a week before it went

Sully

I use pia vpn. Very easy to use and streaming works fine over it. You can even look on their website and find the speeds for each country you connect to. Plus if you want to test it for a month would only cost like 4 quid. You can then cancel subscription.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back