My road to multi sat (motor)

Mine are touching, the new ones I have, have long necks on them but they still clip

Wonder if I could make something
Keep me busy

Just thinking, at the min I have 28 on the left on its own
Then have 19 and 13 touching on the right

Would I be better moving 19 to the left side, giving 13 more room

Or I could cut the main bracket, allowing 19 to move more centre, giving 13 more room to the centre

here is my setup, it will change to try and get better signal

2018-03-23_16.24.37.jpg

left to right
28, 19, 13
28 is at about 80% stregth
19 is at about 60% stregth
13 is at about 30% stregth

2018-03-23_16.25.27.jpg

as you can see the bracket for the multi lnb is the wrong shape for the dish arm, but i didnt let that stop me

2018-03-23_16.24.52.jpg

just a wee mod to make it work, i would need a dremel type tool, but i dont have one, so i marked out the middle of the adapter then marked out where the arm would be in the centre of the bracket and just used the drill to remove a path for the arm
i have a washer and nut on the inside of the arm and on the other side just incase

2018-03-23_16.25.14.jpg

didnt know where to put the diseqc switch, so just drilled a hole right through the arm to place to diseqc switchs, one on each side, keeps the wires short enough. that was the bit, cutting and stripping the wires for two switches lol

2018-03-23_16.25.58.jpg

just a look from the dish to lnbs

its not perfect or professional at any level but it will do me well lol

Is it necessary to have 19.2 as the main focus?
At the moment I've just added 19.2 to my existing 28.2 and I'm getting 95% on 28.2 and 82% on 19.2 based in the East Midlands.
Next plan is to add 13.0 but will I be able to pull it in with the main focus on 28.2?

@siilver - I think you've made a really good job of that mate, looks very tidy :(y):

Is it necessary to have 19.2 as the main focus?
At the moment I've just added 19.2 to my existing 28.2 and I'm getting 95% on 28.2 and 82% on 19.2 based in the East Midlands.
Next plan is to add 13.0 but will I be able to pull it in with the main focus on 28.2?

@siilver - I think you've made a really good job of that mate, looks very tidy :(y):

I dont think you will get a very good signal at 15 degrees tbh

@siilver
you need to tune 19 a bit stronger, your dish needs moved, then tweek 28 to get it back up,
it doesnt matter where you put your 19 LNB , 13 will still be the same distance away from it, ie, touching with a large horn LNB,
I bet if you take 19 out and push 13 over another 10mm or so the signal will shoot right up, I get 55% + up to about 80% on 13 depending on TPs, but even the weak ones are perfectly watchable
I like your setup, looks good, :(y):
your LNBs are in same positions as mine in regards to the arm

just to add,
I kinda fag packet calculated that with 19 on the low side of the arm, the dish would be pointing at just under 21degrees, thus, almost centre of the target area

See that the thing when I first setup
I got loads and loads of channels on 13 but that was when I only had one lnb

I wasn’t sure if I could get any higher. I tried but no joy
In n.ireland

You need 80cm dish for northern Ireland
Being so far north For better gain with
Multi l.n.b set up

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

See that the thing when I first setup
I got loads and loads of channels on 13 but that was when I only had one lnb

I wasn’t sure if I could get any higher. I tried but no joy
In n.ireland

tune in 19 as best you can, by moving the dish, then, take 19 out of the holder, leave the holder in place,
now go to 13 and push the lnb over a bit and see if it gets better.

tune in 19 as best you can, by moving the dish, then, take 19 out of the holder, leave the holder in place,
now go to 13 and push the lnb over a bit and see if it gets better.

That’s where I went wrong in the first place. I didn’t leave enough space for the heads

So the bullet LNB is 19.2º, in line with the arm of the dish and 28.2º to the left and 13.0º on the right?

Last edited:
Back